Associate Director, Clinical Imaging
Associate Director, Clinical Imaging
Job Description110+ clinical studies, developing novel Biomarkers using diverse and innovative technologies, global and dynamic team driving operational innovation for an outstanding impact on clinical development.
The Biomarker Development department (BMD) in NIBR Translational Medicine delivers coordinated biomarker plans using diverse expertise and knowledge in genetics, genomics, imaging, protein and cellular biology, human tissue research, vendor scientific monitoring, statistics, bioinformatics, digital endpoints, patient centric sampling and study coordination.
As a Senior Expert in NIBR's BMD Imaging group you will actively provide strategic, scientific, technical and operational leadership on the optimal use of imaging in drug development. Be part of an imaging department with deep expertise in structural and molecular biomarkers and their application in clinical and translational development. You will interact with clinical trial teams to establish the role of imaging endpoints along novel biological mechanisms across diverse therapeutic areas. The role offers a wide view of molecules across various stages as they transition from research, to early development and subsequently to P2-3 trials. As a part of building imaging endpoints, the role also provides unique exposure to variety of other critical biomarkers (soluble and genetics) for an integrated view of identifying unique patient populations and novel readouts of efficacy and safety.
Your major accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
• Partner with Global Drug Development, Translational Medicine and TA Research to develop and lead “fit for purpose” imaging solutions
• Collaborate with research to develop and lead translational imaging paradigms and implement in clinical trials to add critical insights on efficacy, safety, mechanism of action
• Execute imaging readouts in imaging trials using internal operational support and external contract research organizations;
• Ensure quality and timely execution of imaging trials to deliver critical drug development decisions; be agile and responsive to clinical teams during the course of design , execution and interpretation of imaging trials.
• Develop and manage network of external experts; be able to synthesize optimal inputs and customize for specific protocols.
• Act as BMD point of contact in clinical trial teams and be able to address other biomarkers or direct to other key subject matter experts
• Identify and/or develop novel imaging techniques and implement in clinical trials
This position could be based in Cambridge, MA or Basel, Switzerland (Cambridge preferred location).
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you will bring to the role:
• PhD or MD or MD/PhD with 5+ years of experience in Imaging in academia or industry ; prefer a strong Imaging science background (e.g. in Biomedical Engr, Biophysics, Biology )
• Industrial Experience in clinical trial & translational research is highly desirable especially in Leadership roles
• Prefer expertise at the intersection of biomarkers with a clear understanding of clinical needs along different stages of drug development
• Ability and broad expertise across various imaging modalities (MRI, CT, US, PET) will be needed to clarify for CTTs external KOL inputs & optimal needs in projects. Demonstrated track record of innovative research preferably across imaging modalities
• Strong understanding of clinical trial design, statistics for endpoints and clinical data flow is required. Experience with protocol writing across various LFs highly desirable
• Track record of project management and experience working with CROs; Understanding of sites, budgets and experience with multisite trials is a plus
• Proactive, self- motivated and independent working style. Used to work in a multidisciplinary team and understand the needs and goals of the broader organization
• Ability to drive for results and success with a sense of urgency. Willing to be held accountable and take personal responsibility for outcomes
• Should be excited to work in a highly matrixed, highly supportive organization as a servant leader; Enjoy being a good mentor
• Proficiency in English with strong communication skills required.
769 million patients were impacted by Novartis products in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.