Associate Director, BI & Reporting Lead
Associate Director, BI & Reporting Lead
Job Description769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
NGE stands for Next Generation Engagement, it is the way Novartis is evolving the way we engage with our customers. As an Associate Director of NGE Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for driving Business Intelligence (BI) strategy for US Pharma’s Next Generation Customer Engagement model, developing and implementing the BI programs that translate data used to engage with our customers across all channels (e.g., digital campaigns, sales force interactions).
The Associate Director collaborates across all levels of the organization, from senior leadership to tactical execution- to understand data and reporting needs and propose BI, data, and reporting services and solutions. As a leader in a matrixed environment, you will lead all aspects of the design, development, and delivery of attractive and easy-to-use reports, dashboards, and self-service BI and analytics capabilities. You will cultivate an environment that generates innovative ideas, and you will execute them in partnership with internal business partners, IT colleagues, and outside vendors. You will standardize key performance indicators, automate insight generation, and deliver relevant, meaningful recommendations.
• Work closely with business partners, identify and interpret business needs and respond with configurable, productized BI solutions
• Build and review requirements for the reporting platform including the platform's UI/UX.
• Understand your partner personas, deliver a fantastic user experience, balancing user’s desires and the technology’s capabilities
• Develop and own ongoing support for product materials including training documentation, wiki pages, and product guides. Ensure data integrity across all performance based metrics and reporting
• Lead end-to-end BI & Reporting Product and Program delivery teams and establish the BI product roadmap, translating business needs into product requirements
• Lead all aspects of development of work streams and timelines for internal and external teams and lead end-user feedback sessions with internal and external users to incorporate into product updates
• Serve as the BI team business liaison, providing stakeholder relationship management across the US Pharma division, including setting priorities, developing BI competence within the business, and align-ing the BI product and service to support business priorities. Collaborate with business, platform, data enablement, and IT teams to standardize department tools and cross-train teams to use them
• Research and evaluate BI tools and technologies, making recommendations for new capabilities that are aligned with the company’s strategic goals and improve business intelligence efficiency
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 7 years of business intelligence or commercial reporting solution experience– build and operate, pharmaceutical experience is a plus.
• Proven experience leading a team of vendors and/ or direct reports is required
• Experience working with digital marketing data, customer experience or customer engagement metrics is highly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with BI Tools (e.g., Qlik, Tableau, Microstrategy, Tellius, DataIKU)
• Demonstrated experience designing and executing business intelligence solutions
• Demonstrated experience analyzing complex situation and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture
• Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mind
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays and the potential flexible working arrangements
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network