Associate Director Data Science
Associate Director Data Science
Job DescriptionNovartis continues to accelerate its growth in the digital space. As part of our continued growth we're hiring an Associate Director of Data Science.
The Associate Director Data Science will lead our internal GxP analysis and reporting platform known as DaVinci. You'll have responsibility for the evolution of this platform that supports all submission and health authority related activities, as well as driving and coordinating continuous innovation and development for internal projects such as DaVinci and data42.
Working with the Clinical Development and Analytics system owner and Global Head of Advanced Methodology and Data Science, you'll contribute to the continuous development and implementation of the technology strategy. The Associate Director Data Science will also have the opportunity to incorporate and facilitate the use of new cutting edge analytics technology and tools.
If you're passionate about technology strategy with the delivery of outstanding Analytics solutions, then why not consider making an application today!
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Planning and crafting improved, new and forward thinking computing solutions for Analytics such as through data42, DaVinci Innovation.
• Being our Clinical Development and Analytics lead for DaVinci and related projects closely linking business and IT
• Helping to drive collaboration with our IT partners, including the selection and improvement of support models and partnering with engineers in the best interest of the Analytics organization
• Helping to define a technology strategy for good Data Science practice and implement across Analytics
• Functioning as a trusted partner in establishing and managing relationships with internal data and digital partners beyond Clinical Development and Analytics (e.g., Data & Digital, data42, DaVinci, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research and Real World Evidence)
• Ensuring our Analytics owned portfolio of systems/tools are maintained in compliance with applicable external regulations (GxP, computer systems validation) and internal information security and risk management policies; working with Quality Assurance and Information Service Reference model teams
• Being involved in review of cross-industry IT platform landscapes and contributing to internal initiatives together with other relevant function e.g. GDO, RA to look at smarter GxP reporting processes
Minimum requirementsWhat you'll need:
• Bachelors’ Degree in a scientific or computing field or equivalent experience in a related field
• Extensive involvement in academic or industry clinical research or drug development within a global pharmaceutical environment
• Detailed knowledge of GxP, IT systems, QA and regulatory/clinical development process
• Software and tools skills in R, Python, SAS and agile and curious to learn new tools
• Experience working in High Performance Computing Environments (LSF, SLURM, GPFS, Low Latency Networks) and applying parallel computing methods
• Ability to connect with senior level business partners, able to build positive relationships and networks within a sophisticated organisation
• Proven analytical, methodological and data driven mind-set.
• Proficiency in English language (oral and written)
Nice to have:
• MSc or PhD in a relevant field
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network