Precision Medicine Lead, Oncology
Precision Medicine Lead, Oncology
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
Job Description799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we ensure that the right patient gets access to the right therapy at the right time?
The Japan Oncology Business Unit (OBU) Precision Medicine Lead (PML) is an enterprise contributor and integrator. The PML will be responsible for leading the co-creation of Japan diagnostic strategy as an integral member of Disease Area Franchise team. Japan PML will be accountable for the seamless consolidation, integration and execution of disease and treatment specific clinical biomarker end-to-end strategy for diagnostics from early phase through launch readiness and life cycle management. Japan PML will be core member of cross-functional franchise team and will be responsible for alignment on OBU PM goals and collaboration across early development, NIBR, GDD, BD&L, Access, Medical Affairs relevant functions in OBU as well as coordination with global precision medicine counterparts.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the overall development of the end-to-end diagnostic strategies in the disease area and brands
• Integrating and representing cross-functional OBU diagnostic strategy (Development, BD&L, Market Access, Competitive Landscape) to Global Biomarker Diagnostic Team
• Act as the point of accountability and subject matter expert for the disease and treatment specific Precision Medicine (PM) continuum across Diagnostic (Dx) and clinical/monitoring biomarkers within OBU.
• Plays a lead role in the cross-functional Dx Team, comprising of Drug Development, Medical Affairs, Market Access, BD&L, Commercial and other relevant functions.
• Liaises and aligns with their Global PM counterpart, provides local input into the Global PM strategy, incorporates PM content into the disease-area strategy, plans launch readiness activities.
• Provides PM subject matter expertise and education for internal colleagues (Medical, Drug Development and Commercial) and external stakeholders (Academia, Scientific societies, Research associations).
• Collaborates with Drug Development and Medical Franchise Teams for shaping biomarker exploration across Novartis trials by identifying and addressing gaps in clinical biomarker applications and research.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree in life sciences and/or MD, with healthcare sector experience. Ideally with additional subspecialty training in Oncology, Molecular Biology/Diagnostics/Pathology, or Lab Medicine
• Fluent English (oral and written) skills required. Japanese business level skills are desirable.
• Enterprise leader with advanced understanding of drug development and commercialization, in depth Precision Medicine knowledge, and significant experience working in a regulated environment, with an established track record of scientific leadership
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Biomarker and IVD research, development and/or commercialization (minimum of 3 years must be in Pharmaceutical industry with hands on knowledge of the most relevant Dx methodology such as IHC, PCR, NGS etc.)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment within matrix organization
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.