Global Supply Chain Digital Lead
Global Supply Chain Digital Lead
Job Description55+ technical operations sites in which Novartis produces lifesaving medicines! Supply Chain is a central piece, as well as the domain architect supporting this capability.
The Supply Chain Digital Lead works in close collaboration with Head of Supply Chain Excellence, Transformation and Operations to provide leadership on designing, implementing and executing the Data and Digital strategy for NTO Global Supply Chain with an aim to assure digitally enabled processes within the entire Supply Chain.
This is a critical position that actively identifies and develops best practices in data and digital. Partners with the relevant stakeholders to support organizational change, delivering changes developing and (co-)leading high profile, top priority digital projects in the NTO Supply Chain space. These projects may span across the organization and will address key value levers in transforming the NTO operating model leveraging digital technologies for innovative approaches.
Your key responsibilities:
• Ensure optimal engagement of digital services, partners and platforms in order to support establishment of digital enabled Supply Chain
• Lead and drive overall digital strategy of NTO Global Supply Chain and work with the leaders across NTO Platforms and Global Functions to support the NTO digital transformation.
• Consult regularly with key internal stakeholders on key industry trends and leading practices to identify challenges/opportunities and ideate solutions
• Lead and/ or Co-leads digital business projects in the NTO Supply Chain space sponsored by the Head of Global Supply Chain and by the NTO Leadership Team and interact with NBS IT in order to assure implementation of IT tools and upgrades
• Brings in deep expertise and acts as thought leader in the application of digital technologies and ways of working in the multiple approaches, including, but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Block chain
• Turns digital expertise into practice on the ground with the working teams
• Proactively identifies trends and opportunities in the digital space that can shape the way NTO Supply Chain operates in the future
• Contributes to shape the Lean Digital Core program enhancing processes throughout digital technologies application and contributes to NTO efficiency improvement leveraging the digital transformation
Minimum requirementsMinimum requirements
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 3-5 years of practical experience in Pharma and non-Pharma (e.g., consumer goods) in applying digital technologies with focus on go-to-market and marketing
• Over 3 years of experience in strategy development with proven record on identifying and translating longer-term trends
• Extensive experience and track record in project and program management of complex, cross-organizational projects
• Track record of strong business impact
• Capability to lead without formal authority
• Very strong analytical skills and translation into focused project guidance
• Master or PhD in natural science or engineering
• MBA from a top business school preferred
We offer permanent employment, with a 6 months probation period.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI-NOV = Novartis