Technical Design Expert
Technical Design Expert
Job DescriptionNovartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
To continue to add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capabilities.
We need to be customer-oriented and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support our patients.
NBS IT offers this extraordinary work experience with a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Science, innovation & technology are central to the Novartis mission of caring & curing patients. We have a clear understanding and deep commitment that IT will be a critical factor in our future success.
• Represent IT to the business or IT groups receiving services, ensuring that expectations for IT services are met.
• Identify and qualify new demand with overall responsibility for steering proposals through the early phases of approval; participate in establishment of budgets and investment proposals and acquire sponsorship and funding.
• Ensure the introduction of new / modified services happens in a planned, controlled and timely manner to minimize disruption and improve benefit.
• Build the detailed IT solution/service design, based on functional specifications and technical constraints.
• Develop, build, configure, customize and unit test solutions based on the functional and technical specifications to meet quality and performance requirements.
• Own accountability for business processes, integrate services horizontally across organizational units, and manage interfaces between Service Delivery projects.
Minimum requirements• Graduation / post-graduation in the relevant domain
• At least 8 years of experience in IT Solution Architecture
• Salesforce or Veeva knowledge essential (Professional Certifications desired) - Related pharma industry experience highly desirable.
• SQL or Salesforce SOQL skills required. Demonstrated experience in using development toolkits that manages code repositories, code integration, build deployments and continuous integrations tools (Git, Bitbucket, Travis CI, Jenkins, Salesforce DX).
• Knowledge on system / API integration and basic authentication methods (Keywords: SOAP, REST, Salesforce API, OAUTH, SSO) desired.
• Additional technical skills in the wider Salesforce ecosystem desirable, e.g. Marketing Cloud or Pardot experience. Experience with APEX a plus
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!