Solution Operations Expert Visualization
Solution Operations Expert Visualization
Job DescriptionNovartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
To continue to add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capabilities.
We need to be customer-oriented and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support our patients.
NBS IT offers this extraordinary work experience with a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Science, innovation & technology are central to the Novartis mission of caring & curing patients. We have a clear understanding and deep commitment that IT will be a critical factor in our future success.
• Represent IT to the business or IT groups receiving services, ensuring that expectations for IT services are met. Identify and qualify new demand and assist with steering proposals through the early phases of approval; help establish budgets and investment proposals and acquire sponsorship and funding. Ensure the introduction of new / modified services happens in a planned, controlled and timely manner to minimize disruption and improve benefit.
• Build the detailed IT solution/service design, based on functional specifications, to meet quality and performance requirements and technical constraints. Develop, build, configure, customize, and unit test solutions based on the functional and technical specifications to meet quality and performance requirements. Work to integrate services horizontally across organizational units, and manage interfaces between Service Delivery projects.
• To lead the technical aspects and delivery quality of the Visualization team and ensure Viz services delivered are enabling business to achieve their data & digital ambitions. Overall responsible for Novartis-wide Visual Analytics strategy, definition, selection, standardization and consistency including definition of a 3-5 year roadmap
• Lead the design, governance and delivery of Visual Analytics and Augmented Intelligence platforms. Lead the planning, design and delivery of analytics solutions, based on functional specifications, while meeting quality and performance requirements and technical constraints across multiple countries and/or functions. Drives effective Analytics UI solutions in alignment of IT and business investments. Leads, advises and “safeguards” major Viz solutions and initiatives across Novartis
• This role is a critical driver for improving the Digital Analytics strategy; including consumerization of data visualization, technology ingestion, migration and building capabilities and services in advanced analytics to support Novartis to go Big on Data and Digital. Guides solution design, participates and collaborates in key project visioning where significant UX decisions or design is required.
• Establish DevOps model for Analytics as this evolves and manage the Visualization work and services area within the DevOps model. Establish and manage a support and delivery structure to covers all visualization service types
Minimum requirements• Technical knowledge IT Incident & Problem Management Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science
• 7 - 11 years of experience in IT, predominantly in Visualization and UX. 5+ years BI experience, proven skills & experience in technical service management.
• Experience in working in an operational Visualization environment. Good level of technical expertise in Visualization Technologies. Example (Qlik, Spotfire, Tableau, HTML5,)
• Good knowledge of applications and integration in a Visualization environment including self service and guided analytics
• Experience in vendor / customer management, effective relationship management and good communication skills. Experience with the development and analysis of IT key performance indicators, metrics, and reporting.
• Self-starter with ability to drive the issues end-to-end and deliver against deadlines. Ability to present technical concepts to non-technical audience and efficiently interact with business.
• Proven experience in application optimization and performance.