US Head, Immuno-Oncology Marketing
US Head, Immuno-Oncology Marketing
Job Description143 Thousand. That is the number of people in the US expected to lose their battle with Lung Cancer this year. We need more treatment options; and at Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to provide innovative therapies to address this challenge. We are looking for curious, energized, passionate people to join us to help bring new products to market. Maybe that’s you
You will lead a team of direct reports in the development, implementation and execution brand/indication strategy for a next generation, fully humanized checkpoint inhibitor for the treatment of multiple disease areas including Lung and GI. Prepare and execute product and indication launches in partnership with cross-functional teams. Drive marketing mix and implement operational plans to optimize sales, market share and revenue growth in the short and long term for this exciting challenger brand intended to become a new backbone option across disease states. You will also influence cross-functionally to identify long-term opportunities for the current and future portfolio and devise appropriate strategies to improve value for the immuno-oncology book of business.
• Accountable to develop IO brand vision, strategy, positioning, value proposition and strategic imperatives for multi-indication, next generation check-point inhibitor (CPI) compound to achieve financial objectives and align company resources as appropriate
• Develops a comprehensive set of sales forecast scenarios and sensitivity analyses across indications and for the totality of the CPI brand/indications
• Drives new insights through integration of information from all customer groups.
• Makes trade-off decisions and recommends priority indications/combinations based on commercial value
• Together with World-Wide X Functional Team (WWXT), drives brand value through formulation development and packaging including new technologies
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements• Bachelor’s required, Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MD, Pharm. D., PhD.)
• Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical experience that includes marketing, product management, sales management or advertising.
• Demonstrates excellent leadership, strategic planning, communications, analytical and organization skills.
• Strong presentation and project management skills, the ability to bridge marketing and science, to handle a full workload and operate in a matrix environment.
• A competitive passion that thrives in the position of being a challenger seeking to disrupt markets with established first-generation incumbents.
• Proven success in marketing/sales alignment and executing high impact promotional strategies and programs that drive brand growth in highly competitive markets.
• Launch experience with new products or major line extensions strongly preferred
• Previous oncology commercial experience in US market required
• Immuno-Oncology experience within Lung or gastrointestinal cancer preferred
• Proven track record to work with Oncology Medical Experts in context of new product launches
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays and potential flexible working arrangements
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That is how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network