Director, Real World Data - data42
Director, Real World Data - data42
Job DescriptionAre YOU curious? Are YOU ready to harness advanced data analytics on over 20 years of R&D data and reimagine medicine? We are looking for you!
data42 is Novartis’ ground-breaking initiative that unlocks the power of two million patient-years of data in one of the largest and most diverse datasets in the pharmaceutical industry to reimagine medicine. data42 applies machine learning, artificial intelligence and sophisticated analytics to generate new insights that increase our understanding of disease and medicines, improve R&D decision-making and ultimately allows us to reimagine drug discovery and development.
In this Director, Real World Data (RWD) role you will architect, orchestrate and lead industry-scale Real World Data pipelines that will ingest, standardize and make available dozens of important RWD resources key to Novartis’ business. This team will drive one of the most meaningful data assets through the data42 platform, at scale, bringing insight-generation opportunities to hundreds of consumers.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Defining the roadmap and strategic plan of the RWD pipeline team, working with technical specialists and operational teams to plan and deliver on data42s ambitions with RWD
• Coordinating the operations of the end-to-end data pipelines supporting the delivery of high-value RWD to end-users, product innovation teams and other use-cases
• Resolving and developing the maximally flexible architecture needed to serve both core and non-core use-cases of RWD assets
• Supporting the team’s semantics approach to ensure data and metadata standards are met
• Implementing and supporting the FAIR principles through data pipelines implemented and operated within this role, working in conjunction with semantics leaders in data42. Facilitating the linkage of RWD pipelines with enterprise-wide master data management initiatives
• Leading all aspects of resources dedicated to the mapping of data to the OMOP Common Data Model
• Being responsive to new needs raised by data consumers to ensure that the data processing pipelines are serving their needs first and foremost, aligning on areas of focus with governance bodies and data strategists
• Collaborating with a scrum master, run the team through an Agile Sprint methodology
• Supporting the implementation of key Real World Data quality processes, metrics and dashboards to ensure high-quality data products are delivered to customers' pipelines. This includes data quality, processing quality and data-content quality
• Coordinating the authoring of documentation of data processed through the real world data pipelines and leading all aspects of a quality tracking process that documents identified quality issues and provides a queue for their remediation
**We are flexible with the European location of this position and options include; Basel, Dublin, London, Barcelona & Prague**
• Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Statistics, Statistical Programming, Data Science, Healthcare Operations
• 5+ yrs. working with Real World Data (RWD), with focus in EMR, insurance claim data, molecular data assets, patient journey assets, Real World Data assets, etc. Should be knowledgeable with, and able to speak across several areas
• Strong team management experience along with the technical expertise to step into a hands-on role as needed. Seeking a hybrid techno/functional background
• Experience developing new systems in an Agile environment, building the first generation product and guiding the team in complete development of a data pipeline application
• Experience with R, SAS, SQL, or Python
• Operational experience running large data operations and teams, knowledge of the OMOP Common Data Model and its application to Claims, EMR
• Experience ensuring process and quality excellence in large data engineering environments
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• Experience in GxP is helpful
• Experience with semantics technologies and approaches
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.