Corporate Income Tax Manager – Novartis
Corporate Income Tax Manager – Novartis
Job DescriptionCorporate Income Tax Manager – Novartis
6.8 million. This is the number of patients that we reached in Italy in 2019.
Why not take the next step in your career and join one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies, to truly make a difference.
Reporting to the Head of Tax Italy, the Corporate Income Tax Manager is ensuring accurate tax compliance and implementation of Global tax strategy, with respect to corporate income taxes, at Country level in accordance to local tax law requirements. This role is ensuring local direct taxes advisory, compliance and risk management, acting as a business partner with local and global stakeholders and supporting with comprehensive analysis, reports, and projects.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being responsible for the corporate income tax charge in the Country
• Monitor developments in tax legislation, inform all the stakeholders of the relevant tax news and potential impact in the Country
• Support the business in identifying the correct tax treatment of costs and projects
• Maintain tax balances (IFRS and Statutory) on general ledger in close collaboration with accounting function
• Manage the tax reporting package in coordination with Global functions
• Cooperate closely with Indirect Taxation and Financial Service Center Teams to execute fine tuning of cross divisional/cross functional issues having impacts on taxation at Country level
• Support the Country Tax Head in the analysis of tax ramifications and impacts of M&A transactions, in collaboration with the legal function
• Monitor proactively tax credits and incentives provided by Government managing all the related process
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree in Tax, Legal, Finance or Economics with additional qualification in a Tax or Finance related area (Tax Expert, Tax Lawyer, CTA) or post graduate master
• Excellent knowledge in corporate tax and good understanding in indirect taxes and Transfer Pricing matters with experience of 8/10 years, ideally spent both in a big 4 firm (or equivalent) as well with an in-house tax department
• Maintain professional tax expertise for the role by investing in tax knowledge development and a tax network in order to share experiences
• Embrace a curious, unbossed & inspired culture to enable innovation and transformation how to stay a lean and effective function
• Be a business partner for all the functions involved in the processes having a potential tax impact
• Fluent in English
• Basic SAP knowledge
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network