Dir, Global Indication Lead
Dir, Global Indication Lead
Job DescriptionThe Global Indication Lead (GIL) is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy and tactics to will achieve optimal long-term performance across the disease area in terms of market share and product performance!
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Lead and implement marketing strategy and tactics to will achieve optimal long term performance across the disease area in terms of market share and product performance
• Develop a launch strategy in collaboration with global, regional and country marketing teams and execute a best in class global launch
• Partner with Global Strategy and BD&L, Market Access and Medical to generate short-long term indication strategies and tactics via the IDAPS process.
• Establish relationship with global medical experts and leverage the insights collected to support launch plan and lifecycle management activities
• Identify and showcase global/region/country market penetration efforts through: sharing lessons, experiences and best practice
• Ensure budgets and resources are effectively managed within agreed upon limits and plans are effectively implemented
• Responsible for the communication and education of indication-related data within the Oncology organization
• Provide accurate and timely global forecasts within global processes of IDAPS and Strategic Planning
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Marketing, Medicine, Natural or Pharmaceutical Sciences. An advanced degree in science and/or business preferred (e.g., MD, Pharm. D., PhD., MBA)
• 25% travel requirement
• 5+ years of healthcare operational marketing / product management or related experience (including country-level product management) – oncology preferred
• Launch experience with new products or major line extensions – oncology preferred, multi-country preferred
• Product development experience – oncology preferred
• Pharmaceutical sales experience – a plus with oncology preferred
• Ability to work with Oncology/Hematology Medical experts
• Comfortable rapidly switching between complex science and commercial concepts, with an ability to bridge between them and build common understanding amongst people on either side
• Proven ability to collaborate, operate and influence cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Strong analytical, strategic thinking and project management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
What you’ll receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive (LTI) for select levels, health insurance, 25 days annual leave, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme!
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Net-work here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network