Precision Medicine Imaging and AI Lead
Precision Medicine Imaging and AI Lead
Job Description800 biomarker discovery and development projects, across more than 100 clinical studies, which generate 20 petabytes and 2 million patient-years of data! All waiting for you to unlock the next breakthrough in medicine.
Biomarkers, including imaging and digital, are critical components of translational research, enabling robust therapeutic and mechanistic hypothesis testing in early clinical development, and as precision medicine enablers defining patient subpopulations, predicting patient responses, and use as diagnostics.
As a Precision Medicine Imaging and AI lead in NIBR Biomarker Development you will be responsible for:
• Partnering with clinicians across NVS, imaging experts and data platform groups to clarify and define the landscape of clinical needs, challenges and the scope of imaging data available to enable new analytic approaches with existing radiology software suites as well as de novo deep learning models at the voxel level
• Developing unique NVS strategies for mining and integrating internal and external medical image, device, omics and clinical data sets to support innovative biomarker discovery, development and implementation in drug development across multiple therapeutic areas
• Leading AI/Machine learning approaches to develop novel structural and functional biomarkers from medical imaging and device data to enable better quantitation of common clinical parameters or improved diagnostics, sub-classify diseases and enable predictive patient risk/stratification
• Enterprise partnering to shape NVS policies on imaging data storage, aggregation, harmonization, retention and application so that it is well positioned to benefit NVS and patients, now and in the future
• Identifying and driving key synergistic external partnerships with academic radiology centers, medical device industry leaders/KOLs, imaging CROs, trial investigators, and various consortia to advance discovery and utility of novel AI/ML derived imaging biomarkers and technologies
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you will bring to the role:
• MD, board certified radiologist with clinical research and data sciences training and/or certification
• Deep understanding of clinical disease epidemiology that can be applied to questions of diagnosis, biomarker development and treatment monitoring strongly preferred
• Extensive clinical and diagnostic radiology experience in diverse disease areas such as Cardiovascular, Neurology, Respiratory, Ophthalmology, Abdominal or Musculoskeletal
• Experienced in medical multi-modality imaging platforms such as MRI, CT, PET and ultrasound
• Substantial and impactful global experience in developing and leading multidisciplinary matrix teams across Pharma/biotech (clinical research thru healthcare applications), academic institutions, and commercial business functions
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with good presence and ability to influence and negotiate with senior leadership; experienced presenter and communicator
• Recognized expert in your field, internally and externally with in depth understanding of external environment/trends and demonstrated capability for building a robust professional network
• Fluent in oral and written English; other languages e.g. German, French, Italian useful but not required
Position can be based in Basel, Switzerland or Cambridge, MA USA. Cambridge location preferred.
Why consider Novartis?
Nearly 1 billion. That is how many lives our products touched in 2020. Moreover, while we are proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives? We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you are surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Imagine what you could do at Novartis!