Procurement Data Scientist - NLP
Procurement Data Scientist - NLP
Job Description70 tactical buyers are supporting both commercial and NTO towers out of Prague NGSC, covering region Europe, Switzerland, Middle East and North Africa.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Think creatively, conceptualize and lead projects resulting in substantial long-term impact on the company’s vision in many key strategic areas such as drug discovery/manufacturing, product launches, determining optimal treatment plans/courses, expanding patient access, predictive/precision medicine, risk mitigation, business growth, brand management, product life cycle, data strategy etc.
• Design, develop and deliver various data science based insights, outcomes and innovation (using mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering, management science, technology, economics, etc) and create “proof of concepts & blueprints” to drive faster, timely, highly precise, workable and proactive decision making based on data based insights and science and shape strategic glidepath of the company.
• Lead successful cross-functional collaborations with significant execution rigor, customer focus and “Data to Decision” thinking.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive view of science and technology and deliver a compelling enterprise vision of how Data, Digital & Artificial Intelligence can contribute to providing quantum in leap in building foundational/groundbreaking capabilities transcending a wide spectrum of areas such as research/science, drug discovery/development, commercial, procurement, technology, product, brand, business, strategy, analytics, operations, risk/compliance, legal, etc and propel growth and performance.
• Design and develop state-of-the-art, data-driven analysis, models and decision strategies to solve science and business problems. Choose and apply appropriate predictive analytic technologies (such as statistical modeling, neural networks, scorecards, machine learning, pattern recognition and artificial intelligence) heavily injected with domain expertise. Appropriately question the veracity and business relevance of data, assumptions, and results and use of solution at all steps of the process. The outcome is improved performance through the design, development, and deployment of project deliverables.
• Own adoption, execution and integration of data science based solution end to end all the way from discovery to launch/post-launch and also into business, design, product, delivery, operations, marketing, brand management, research and technology roadmaps.
Minimum requirements• M.S/Ph.d in Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Medicine, Technology, Management Science, Quantitative Methods and other related disciplines.
• 6 -10 years of overall experience with demonstrated track record in data science solutioning.
• Exposed to concepts in Natural Language Processing & Statistics, esp., in their application such as Sentiment Analysis, Contextual NLP, Dependency, Parsing, Chunking, Summarization, etc.
• Experience in some of the following domains: object detection / recognition / segmentation, visual similarity, text detection & OCR, human / face detection, generative models, reinforcement learning, video analytics, model compression / optimization
• Comfortable in using Python or R to build automated dashboards using, D3.js, Plotly, Dash, Flask, Django, R-Shiny & Expertise in 1) Java and 2) Django, Dash, ML, Image processing (in Python) will also be an added advantage.
• Basic understanding of deep learning frameworks (e.g. Caffe, tensorflow, pytorch) & Experience in OpenCV, TensorFlowServing, MxNet Model Server or TensorRT Inference Server is a bonus.
• Experience in working with data science cloud platforms AWS, Azure, Google Cloud will also be an added advantage & Proficient in at least one of: PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet & Programming environments: java/python/Hive/Hadoop/HBase/C++/CSharp/Unix/Map Reduce/Perl/ Matlab/Xml & A solid foundation in AI Methodologies like Information Retrieval and Extraction, NLG, NLU.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network