Director HCS Pathway ASCVD
Director HCS Pathway ASCVD
Job Description2x Patient Reach, 2x Faster! That’s our ambition in Global Value & Access and Commercial Development (VACD). We aspire to get Novartis medicines in the hands and homes of patients by delivering a Triple Win: A Win for Patients; A Win for Healthcare Systems, A Win for Novartis.
The role of Director HCS Pathway ASCVD exists within the VACD New Commercial Partnerships and Health Systems Engagement team. This is a small, expert, agile team that works collaboratively across Novartis and with external partners to:
• Strengthen Novartis expertise in, and ability to engage with, health systems
• Strengthen Novartis understanding of, and insights into, disease pathways from a holistic health systems perspective, focusing on our products and portfolio
• Build new commercial partnerships that deliver triple wins for patient outcomes, health system impact, and commercial success (faster and broader uptake)
• Build health systems insights into key portfolio and product strategy decisions, (e.g., asset selection, BD&L targets, customer value proposition and target product profiles, TA policy strategy and regulatory / access evidence plans)
This role requires a strong combination of technical, managerial, and communication leadership skills to evolve how Novartis thinks about the ASCVD disease pathway, generate insights for commercial and R&D use, and support countries in applying those insights to develop new commercial partnerships for ASCVD products, starting with Leqvio.
Your responsibilities will include:
• ASCVD pathway development: working with Global Head NCP and Director, Disease Pathway Capability building, and with colleagues in relevant franchise and functions and external / academic experts, build and own the Novartis health systems global ASCVD pathway, from primary prevention through to end-of-life care, by stage:
o Outcomes and evidence-based interventions
o Patient volumes, stocks and flows
o Patient journey (integrating existing work)
o Health system costs
o Provider lens: structure, capacity, capabilities, incentives
o Payor lens: structure, capacity, capabilities, incentives
o International best practice, international innovative practice
o Global KOLs and experts
• ASCVD lead for Development: Bring pathway insights to drive integrated new products and portfolio strategy for ASCVD, ranging from implications for early-stage asset selection and BD&L to late-stage target product profile development, global TA policy strategy, and integrated evidence generation. Participate in relevant decision-making meetings
• Support for Leqvio NCP:
o Help CPOs customize ASCVD pathway to their health system and find improvement opportunities to discuss with health system leaders as part of Leqvio NCP discussions
o Support Exec Dir ASCVD in her role as Leqvio Commercial Lead, leading global commercial support for Leqvio NCPs in countries
o If required, serve as Global Service Delivery Partner for 2 CPOs
• Support for Disease Pathway capability building: support Director, Disease Pathway Capability Building, in designing and delivering capability building programs for both ASCVD and other disease areas
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• An MBA; P.h.D, MD, or RPh degree
• At least 10 years senior level pharmaceutical commercial experience successfully driving growth of multiple products/brands OR non-pharmaceutical commercial experience driving innovative growth in healthcare sector
• Deep understanding of cardiovascular disease, achieved through any combination of:Clinical training and work, provider or payor experience focused on cardiovascular care and pharmaceutical product development or marketing activities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and teach complex concepts and issues simply and effectively
• Good understanding and experience of pharma R&D and commercial activities
• Good understanding and experience of healthcare system in at least 3-4 major markets
• Ability to take a system-level perspective, and integrate multiple viewpoints (patient, provider, payor, policy-maker) into a coherent picture
• Ability to synthesize up from particular case examples into general lessons, and then to apply those lessons back into different specific situations
• Combination of strong quantitative and analytic skills, with ability to manage estimates, missing data, and ambiguity
• Team player with high level of self-awareness and curiosity with focused on delivering “as fast as possible, as slowly as necessary” through proactive collaboration in a matrix environment
• Able to establish credibility and influence across a range of diverse stakeholders in a matrix organization to drive change
• Entrepreneurial and growth mindset
• Able to challenge status quo, see opportunities for disruption and bring innovative approaches to maximize commercial model potential; out of the box thinker
• Able to learn quickly and adapt in a complex environment, apply learning and remain resilient; know how to navigate the matrix to drive change
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!