Director, TLL (East) Rheumatology
Director, TLL (East) Rheumatology
Job Description1 million patients suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) in the United States alone, however only 125 thousands are appropriately treated with Biological Therapies.
The Director, Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) is a field-based leadership role responsible for designing (Rheumatology ) customer aspects of the Brand’s peer to peer strategies and executing on the Brand’s Peer-to-Peer strategies. They lead a team of field-based Thought Leader Liaison’s (TLL) who are tasked with building productive relationships with National/Regional Medical Experts (MEs), and other key (Rheumatology) influencers in their assigned geography; as well as, gaining insights and building customer advocacy.
The Director, TLL will collaborate cross-functionally with Peer-to-Peer Brand Lead, Sales Management, and medical for input into the design of peer-to-peer strategy and will lead the TLL team in achieving critical business objectives including:
• Development and execution of a medical expert engagement plan, whereby, they and their team act deliberately with the ME to identify mutually opportunities of interest, while tracking sentiment
• Act deliberately with the ME to build advocacy and support for Novartis Brand(s) among thought leaders using approved materials while serving as primary contact with these key influencers.
• Connect Thought Leaders with other relevant parts of the Novartis organization (e.g., Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, etc.) while maintaining compliance with guidelines on appropriate medical/commercial collaboration.
• Compliantly liaising with Medical Affairs, R&D, Market Access, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Sales and Marketing to execute peer to peer strategies, address customer needs, identify/initiate appropriate projects of mutual interest to NVS and customers, anticipate market trends, and uncover competitive intelligence, ensuring delivery against (Rheumatology) business objectives.
• Coordination of national/regional/local conferences, state society meetings, and speaker events (launch brands only). Ensuring alignment across the Novartis organization to coordinate thought leader interactions and deliver a cohesive customer experience.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you'll bring:
Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA or Advanced degree Preferred
• Minimum 10 years Sales and Account Management experience required with previous Thought Leader Liaison experience preferred
• 2 years Sales Management experience
• Knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to travel 80%
• Track record of effective people/performance management
• Proven ability to develop productive relationships with physicians and other Healthcare Professionals
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop and influence others
• Strong analytical skills and presentation skills
• Ability to think creatively and conceptually
• Ability to develop and execute key strategies
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
• Ability to prioritize, negotiate and problem solve
• Financial/budgetary experience
• Proven sales ability with consultative approach
• Proven ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
What you’ll receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and
empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.