Senior Scientist II, Research Collaborations
Senior Scientist II, Research Collaborations
Job Description6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
Research Collaborations as a function of Comparative Medicine, actively engages in partnerships with 14 Disease Area Teams within NIBR. We provide high quality, productive translational, clinical in vivo research modeling and programs. We also deliver both high quality hands-on technical expertise as well as project leadership capabilities, utilizing innovative technologies, necropsy, imaging, weekend and training platforms. We provide a first in class science in-vivo partnership, immersed in the 3Rs while building a greater understanding of the need and insight to answer the targeted biology question. We strive to meet unmet medical need to patients through quality data provided by in vivo research programs.
We're looking for a scientific project management lead to support the coordination and technical application needed to back the NIBR research project portfolio. The candidate should be a specialist in experimental animal work and will coordinate and perform in vivo animal experiments with high technical and ethical standards. Closely collaborating within the CM organization and with NIBR disease area teams, you'll provide the best support with state-of-the-art animal experimentation.
What you'll do
• Lead a small team of in-vivo skilled research associates
• Manage in a team-focused manner ensuring appropriate performance, training and professional development of your associates.
• Routinely responsible for ensuring team compliance with all regulatory protocols, policies and guidelines
• Perform and orchestrate state-of-the-art animal experimentation with the highest ethical and technical standards
• Participate in scientific discussions, performing critical review of experimental protocols and identifying the best approach for in vivo studies according project needs
• Closely interact with scientists within NIBR providing optimal support, building up a robust professional network and generating high quality data
• Interest in data interpretation, statistics, presentation and propose next steps to customer
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you'll bring to the role
• MS in Life Sciences or equivalent experience
• Minimum 9 - 14 years’ experience in a technical skills tract laboratory animal program required, with expertise in different disease and mechanistic models
• A strong theoretical and practical expertise in animal experimentation, having the ability to perform advanced, intermediate and basic technical skills (compound administration, blood/tissue sampling/collection, clinical observation, necropsy, aseptic technique etc.) on applicable in house species
• High ethical approach, committed to high standards of animal welfare, quality of in vivo focused science and strong customer-orientation, used to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders; strong aptitudes as a great teammate
• Strong supervisory track record that builds avenues for peer/team development and performance improvement (identifying high and low performers), Availability for weekend, holiday and early morning and late evening coverage as needed.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!