Data Science Director
Data Science Director
Job Description20 years of data waiting to be “cleaned & linked”! The digital revolution is changing everything, especially in pharmaceuticals, and Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation.
Contribute to the overall strategy and implementation of strategy for Data Science team, to align with Data & Digital strategy for Novartis. Independently lead data science and AI work for global projects in collaboration with various stakeholders. Educate on the use of analytical decision-making across Novartis leadership in research, development, commercial, manufacturing and support functions. Supports external branding of Novartis as a leader in the field of AI/ML and advanced analytics.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes roadmap for the team to innovate in multiple business verticals by transforming the way to solve a problem using Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
• Strategically coordinates, prioritize and efficiently allocates the team resources to critical initiatives: plans resources proactively, anticipates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required, identifies operational risks and enable the team to drives issues to resolution, balances multiple priorities and minimizes surprise escalations
• Collaborates with globally dispersed internal stakeholders, external partners and Institutions and cross-functional teams to solve critical business problems, drive operational efficiencies and innovative approaches, and deliver successfully on high visibility strategic initiatives
• Provides expert input into strategy for the larger Unit of which the area supervised is a part.
• Proactively evaluates the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of the Novartis data sciences practices
• Provides agile consulting, guidance and non-standard exploratory analysis for unplanned urgent problem
• Presents and publishes articles in conferences and academic institutions of repute and serves as an ambassador for promoting Novartis Data Sciences brand
• Manager of a team with certain complexity in Data Science. Mastery of the specialized skills of the team is necessary for successful management of the functional area.
• Coaches and empowers team members.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• 10+ years of relevant industry experience in Data Science.
• Cross-industry experience highly preferred
• 3+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
• Masters in a quantitative discipline, Ph.D. highly preferred (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, bioinformatics, epidemiology and Statistics; can also consider Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Decision Science, Quantitative Research, Econometrics, Computational Physics/Chemistry/Biology) PhD is preferred
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make results-oriented decisions and take risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Sandoz stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
#LI-NOV = Novartis