Director Data science
Director Data science
Job Description20 petabytes of data across 30 data domain across the whole bio-pharma value chain waiting for you to unlock the next breakthrough in medicine.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes roadmap for the team to innovate in multiple business verticals by transforming the way to solve a problem using Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
• Strategically coordinates, prioritize and efficiently allocates the team resources to critical initiatives: plans resources proactively, anticipates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required, identifies operational risks and enable the team to drives issues to resolution, balances multiple priorities and minimizes surprise escalations.
• Design, develop and deliver various data science based insights, outcomes and innovation (using mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering, management science, technology, economics, etc.) and create “proof of concepts & blueprints” to drive faster, timely, highly precise, workable and proactive decision making based on data based insights and science and shape strategic glidepath of the company.
• Identification and sourcing of relevant internal and external data sources of Selection of innovative methods including machine learning, deep learning, other cognitive computing methods and artificial intelligence o Exploratory analytics to identify trends, patterns or process drivers o Support of User Experience Design and development of advanced analytics products o Architecture and development of new IT infrastructure.
• Collaborates with globally dispersed internal stakeholders, external partners and Institutions and cross -functional teams to solve critical business problems, drive operational efficiencies and innovative approaches.
• Provides expert input into strategy for their Business Partners & Proactively evaluates the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of the Novartis data sciences practices & Provides agile consulting, guidance and non -standard exploratory analysis for unplanned urgent problem.
• Acts as a catalyst for innovation in Data Science and AI & Presents and publishes articles in conferences and academic institutions of repute and serves as an ambassador for promoting Novartis Data Sciences brand & Have an ability lead a Team/Function or in -depth technical expertise in a scientific/technical field depending upon the career path (Manager/Individual contributor) & Coaches and empowers junior Data Scientists across Novartis.
Minimum requirements• Masters in a quantitative field, Ph.D. highly preferred (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, bioinformatics, epidemiology and Statistics.
• 15+ years of proven experience in Data Science, with at least 2 years in Pharma/Healthcare.
• Cross-industry experience highly preferred.
• 2 plus years of international experience working with Global teams.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network