Senior Data Scientist - Digital Finance Hub
Senior Data Scientist - Digital Finance Hub
Job Description2020 an exciting year for Novartis as we accelerate our growth in the digital space.
The Barcelona Digital Finance hub is startup within Novartis, which crafts finance business partnering solutions demonstrating innovation and talent. Artificial intelligence and predictive analytics are reshaping the function and this new team will be a differentiator, encouraging new ideas. To add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capacities in the right location. We need ground-breaking innovation, customer-orientation and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support Finance. We are looking for early talent with experience in consulting or business partnering who are eager to make a difference.
The hub offers a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced, multicultural, technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Encompasses the full lifecycle from conceptualization to requirements elicitation, design, implementation and rollout of the solutions
• Work and interact actively with internal local or global partners as well as external ones to understand the business questions and translate them into technical guides and instructions
• Drive advanced analytics activities in finance such us explorative applications of machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence
• Strong familiarity and experience with data preparation and processing such as assessment of data quality, new variable creation, variable selection, etc
• Ability to create advanced predictive models using concepts like Time Series, Regression techniques, Artificial Neural Networks, Random Forest, etc.
• Skill to build and fine tune algorithms that scale up from small-scale proof-of-concept stage to full production systems
• Evaluate new technological developments and evolving business requirements and makes recommendations for improved service levels and efficiencies
• Ensure projects that use external data science consultants or solution vendors are well handled by ongoing engagement
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate analytical and technical content with clarity to non-experts.
• Proficient in English (spoken and written)
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or in a quantitative field
• 2+ years post-graduate experience in a multidisciplinary data & analytics environment or in research; experience in predictive modelling and large data analysis
• Experience in statistical/analytics tools such as R, SAS, Python or big data technologies for machine learning
• Expertise in at least a visualization tools QlikView, Spotfire, Tableau for crafting insights.
• A track record of innovating through machine learning, databases and statistical algorithms and their applications. Hands on experience with data mining, its concepts, techniques and implementation.
• Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to tell a story using data
• Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results
• Business fluent in Spanish (written and spoken)
• Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally, across multiple geographies
As a curious organization, we provide endless opportunities to learn and grow through remote, online and classroom learning services across a broad range of topics.
Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hours
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network