Global Data Steward-Supply Chain
Global Data Steward-Supply Chain
Job DescriptionAlcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Alcon Global Services (AGS) is a dynamic team providing critical shared-services support to the Alcon organization worldwide – in areas like Finance, IT, HR, Quality, and more. Our objective in AGS is simple – ensuring the satisfaction of our internal clients and contributing to an outstanding experience for Alcon’s customers worldwide.
Globally, we share a bond - seeing better enhances our quality of life. This is your chance to make contributions to a leading company that you can be proud of every day and help make a positive impact that can benefit yourself, your loved ones, your community and our world!
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
The Global Data Steward will be accountable to conducting Master Data Management (MDM) operations per established global strategy across the Alcon division within European manufacturing sites. MDM operations will consist of maintaining Finished Goods and Non-Finished Goods Material Master within both SAP system and applicable legacy ERP environments. The Global Data Steward serves as a primary point of contact for local Data Stewards for the creation, activation and maintenance of SAP material master data utilizing Global Data Management standards.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Execute setup and maintenance of new material master setup and change requests in Alcon ERP systems to support manufacturing and supply chain product launch activities. Interact and coordinate across manufacturing and supply chain stakeholders.
• Perform daily Material Master Maintenance operations consisting of both global and local manufacturing and supply chain extensions, including process improvements, business rules development, managing ticketing systems and generation of metrics.
• Work closely with other business teams like Supply Chain Planning, Finance, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and Manufacturing to address and resolve master data issues in a timely manner.
• Analyze large amounts of data to support ERP data validation / cleansing activities, operational and project-oriented, and contribute to governance process enhancement.
• Maintain compliance with internal and external controls standards and SOPs (i.e. Alcon Finance Controls Management, Alcan Profit Margin Reporting standards, and Alcon’s Global Master Data SOP).
• Participate in Global Data Management (GDM) Monthly Data Steward meetings to understand and communicate new processes and standards to applicable local data stewards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• Opportunity to join growing, early-stage organization built within a mature, stable global company
• Participation in manufacturing and supply chain operations on global level and involvement in new product launches
• Having a voice with managerial stakeholders not only on daily basis but also when making improvements or launching new initiatives and problem solving of complex MDM issues
• Career path to grow and move within the organization
• Very best working environment for our employees – Alcon Polska has been recognized as a Top Employer for the two years in a row
• Collaboration and frequent direct interactions with business stakeholders
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world
• Attractive benefits package (private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, Alcon products for you and your significant other)
• Attractive compensation package (including bonus scheme)
• Flexible hours and remote work possibilities
• Brand new office with a lot of facilities inside located at NewCity building, 15 Marynarska Street, Warsaw
Minimum requirementsSKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• 2-3 years in Master Data Management with manufacturing objects; preferably within Medical, Pharmaceutical or Food industry
• Fluency in English, knowledge of German will be a strong advantage
• Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Science/Engineering preferred
• Good working skills with MS Office suite (MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio preferred), SAP work experience
• Experience with developing solutions to complex problems, which may require some ingenuity and innovation
• Easiness in interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters
• Excellent client-oriented communication skills with ability to impact the business
• Positive attitude and skills to work in fast-paced work environment