Associate Director, Analytics & Data Science
Associate Director, Analytics & Data Science
Job Description799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
As a key member of the US Oncology Strategic Data and Digital team and commercial team. In partnership with brand marketing, sales leadership, market research, advanced analytics & forecasting, finance, and other key stakeholders, the AD is responsible for using expert analytics to provide meaningful market insights that enable effective, data driven decision-making. The AD must also demonstrate the ability to work independently with a proactive approach to meet business needs and deadlines.
Major Accountabilities (may include but not limited to):
- Set Performance Expectations for brands
•Create demand-based/patient-driven brand forecasts in coordination with finance, forecasting team and brand teams that incorporate key elements of net sales such as inventory, SP purchasing trends, etc.
•Support development of annual Brand Planning – Situation Analysis, Forecast, Stakeholder Insights, Key Business Questions, Monthly and/or Weekly Performance Monitoring Plans and trackers
•Develop HCP targeting, ensuring compliance with all relevant Novartis policies including appropriate documentation of the specialty inclusion/exclusion process
- Monitor Performance to understand & impact market dynamics
•Analyze performance data and market trends against forecasted expectations
•Integrate analytics from across the organization, including payer, digital, cross-channel, and others
•Synthesize multiple analyses and data sources to identify patterns, trends, root causes, opportunities and threats
•Partner with Market Research team to deliver insights-driven, strategic recommendations that correspond to opportunities and challenges
- Accelerate Automation presence within analytics and brands
•Partner with visualization and data teams to contribute to the design and enhancement of the KPIs for commercial.
•Drive and leverage self service capabilities and automated offerings (including data and visualization, forecasting etc...) that enhances the analytical tracking for brands.
- Innovate & Improve
•Employ new data sources, creative methodologies & strategies to uncover new business opportunities & insights
•Support predictive models to guide strategic recommendations
•Support brand-specific marketing-mix models to help marketing team optimize tactical spend
- Communicate data & insights-driven strategies to impact business
•Streamline analytics to create the brand “story” that explains the “what” & the “why”
•Provide clear & concise recommendations driven by data and insights to provide the “so what”
•Produce and deliver senior leadership-level presentations working very closely with the team lead
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you will bring to the role ?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; advanced degree in quantitative subject (e.g. statistics, economics, science or mathematics) is preferred.
- 4+ years of marketing analytics or a decision sciences function and experience with advanced quantitative methods (e.g. segmentation, predictive modeling)
Previous Oncology or pharmaceutical industry experience is advantageous.
- Significant computing and programming experience on PC environments using statistical packages to extract, manipulate and analyze internal and third part data (i.e. SAS, R, Excel, VBA, Alteryx, SQL)
- Expertise with a variety of statistical analysis techniques (e.g. linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA)
- Prior experience with pharmaceutical sales, marketing, and medical claims data sets (IMS, SDI, Symphony, Flatiron) is advantageous , as is prior marketing research experience
- Experience in specific Neuro Endocrine Tumors is advantageous
- Curiosity, possessing the will to tackle complex problems and demonstrate innovative thinking in a matrix organization.
- Super communication and presentation skills with a demonstrable record of effective translation of complex analysis to business solutions.
What you will receive in return ?
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.