Associate Director, Customer Success - data42
Associate Director, Customer Success - data42
Job DescriptionAre YOU curious? Are YOU ready to harness advanced data analytics on over 20 years of R&D data and reimagine medicine? We are looking for you!
data42 is Novartis’ ground-breaking initiative that harnesses the power of R&D data in one of the largest and most diverse datasets in the pharmaceutical industry to reimagine medicine. data42 applies machine learning, artificial intelligence and sophisticated analytics to generate new insights that increase our understanding of disease and medicines, improve R&D decision-making and ultimately reimagine drug discovery and development.
Our Associate Director: Customer Success will have a transformational impact at Novartis, owning the definition and scaling of analytical projects that lead to engineering and analytics to create new insights. You’ll create long-term trusting and collaborative relationships with our internal research and medicine development specialists. These include decision makers, scientists, analysts and data scientists.
In particular, you’ll educate your internal partners about data42 Products and Services, field demand and explore opportunities to enable and grow business value through the generation of insights from scientific data.
If you are passionate about telling stories through data insights and value customer success, you should submit your application!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Overseeing the internal customer account management for the data42 platform, centralizing all demand, operating as the lead point of contact for requests
• Developing a trusted advisor relationship with partners, users, other internal data science groups and executive sponsors
• Collaborating with other data42 program teams to identify and address opportunities. Support product teams with identifying use cases and alpha/beta users for product development
• Answering customer queries, identifying new business opportunities, and supporting challenging client requests
• Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives by working closely with the other program teams. Support the development and launch of new services and products (e.g. training curriculum, communications, support).
• Defining, tracking and forecasting customer success metrics; communicating the progress of initiatives to internal and external partners
• Understanding opportunities to utilize analytics across pharma R&D and keeping your job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Improving your department’s and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for addressing new requests; exploring opportunities to add value
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role
• Master's Degree in Sales, Communications, Analytics, Science or related field
• 5+ years’ experience life sciences environment as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, or a relevant role, delivering client-focused solutions
• Proven ability to communicate, present and influence key partners at all levels of an organization, including scientists and executive managers
• Understanding of data and analytics, with a capacity to interact with colleagues working in Data Science & Analytics disciplines
• Deep digital knowledge complex IT systems with solid knowledge of CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
• Proven ability to balance multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
• Proficiency in English (Oral and Written)
• Experience in the fields of analytics and data
• Experience in product and platform launch
• Experience in medicine research and discovery or a medical science background a plus
Flexible locations offered in Basel, Dublin or Cambridge (US)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: