Director Patient Access, APMA
Director Patient Access, APMA
Job Description400 million and 8! 400 million is the number of people in Region APMA (Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) that have access to Novartis’ innovative pharmaceuticals and 8 is the number of launches planned over the next 2 years. Your passion for Patient Access will help to reach double the number of people having access to our medicines in the coming years.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Consolidates input from key countries to support the development of Global Patient Access strategies for reimbursed markets and co-creates the Patient Access strategies for emerging markets
• Collaborates with highest level customers (healthcare decision makers) to address emerging unmet needs through a combination of products and services such as external capability building
• Key member of the cross-functional Regional Brand Team (Commercial, Medical, Drug Regulatory Affairs, Patient Advocacy and Public Affairs)
• Represents the Region and Countries at the Early Engagement Team Meetings for Emerging Markets and Global Brand Implementation Meetings
• Establishes strong networks with Global Patient Access colleagues and with leaders across the Region, including CPO Heads, Business Franchise Heads, Key Account Management, Compliance and Legal
• Monitors performance against established launch KPIs and contributes to the development of Regional tracking systems
• Supports Region in developing strong relations with public institutions, health-related organizations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
Minimum requirementsWhat you‘ll bring to the role:
• Postgraduate degree in medicines, sciences, business administration, public health, health economics or other relevant qualification
• 7+ years relevant operational experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies or healthcare consultancy companies in customer-facing roles as well as brand marketing / brand strategy
• Superior business acumen and strategic thinking, strategic planning and multi-stakeholder management
• Advanced knowledge of access environment in relevant countries and analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge on healthcare and/or health financing across countries
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network