DSAI Strategic & Technical Advisor
DSAI Strategic & Technical Advisor
Job Description2020 is an exciting year for Novartis as we accelerate our growth in the digital space.
Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation. Becoming the industry leader in applying advanced analytic methodologies to generate novel insights and actions across all of Novartis is one of the key pillars of this strategy.
The Data Science and AI (DSAI) team will be in charge of driving this strategic priority across Novartis from a Group level to move the organization to the next level of value generation from this wealth of data through latest analytical approaches, driving cross-company initiatives in the broad area of data science and forming strategic partnerships with external partners.
As the DSAI Strategic & Technical Advisor, you would be a strong partner to the Head of DSAI in achieving those business objectives. You will also work with the Head of DSAI to provide technical insights to help build Novartis’ portfolio of analytics. You will also develop and deliver business reporting and presentations for senior management.
This is a high visibility and demanding role, which offers the opportunity to be at the core of the digital transformation of Novartis and is an entry point into high priority, innovative areas at Novartis!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Scouting, understanding and synthesizing the state of the art in external technologies related to Artificial Intelligence and the major players and potential partners.
• Identification of gaps in technologies and expertise for Novartis data science practice and operations.
• Prioritizing cross-Novartis events and meetings in support of “ONE Novartis” data science and artificial intelligence community of practice and culture.
• Working with the cross-Novartis teams to evangelize and improve the understanding of data science and artificial intelligence by the organization and their applicability to Novartis business needs.
• Preparing technical/scientific content for internal and external purposes under the Head of Advanced Analytics.
• Support timely delivery of requests, reports and documents for the DSAI for internal and external events, incl., ECN and Board of Directors, various LT meetings, Digital Priority Boards, external talks by Head of DSAI.
• Prepare and facilitate DSAI LT meetings.
• Support further development of DSAI strategy and discussions on strategic partnerships, and timely preparation of discussion documents.
• Support in organizing and driving special digital events under DSAI leadership, e.g., DSAI town halls, DSAI Hackathons, DSAI Conference etc.
• Drive monthly consolidation, monitoring, and identification of challenges and opportunities in DSAI priority initiatives across the organization, incl., working with business and finance
• Support Head of DSAI in ad-hoc requests.
• You will be encouraged to work with the senior leadership across our businesses and operating functions to support the Head of DSAI in driving the transformation.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: Master or PhD in natural science or engineering or Data Science - MBA from a top business school preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in data science.
• Minimum of 2 years of consulting experience with a top tier consulting firm.
• Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in relevant areas (e.g.: research to development, commercial, or equivalent).
• Deep understanding of the domains of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and the relevant technologies.
• Extensive project and program management experience.
• Track record of strong business impact.
• Knowledge in Pharma industry.
• Capability to lead without formal authority.
• Very strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills, very strong team player, and cross-cultural experience desirable.
• Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like
you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to
explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart
risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the
world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building
diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to
create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and
empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but
you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the
Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network