Director, Data Science & Forecasting
Director, Data Science & Forecasting
Job Description799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
In the role of Director, Forecasting you will be responsible in defining forecasting methodology and calculation in collaboration with finance for various Oncology Brands by providing analytical support through data science in trend based forecasting, unstructured data mining, and patient models using large internal and external physician-level & patient level datasets as well as patient flow models. You will work closely with finance team and brand analytics teams within Novartis Oncology to develop new techniques and standardization across the organization. You will also work in collaboration with global forecasting team.
Building standardization and enhanced forecasting capabilities is a big priority for Analytics and Data Science team. Director, Forecasting will report to Head, Data Science and Forecasting which the center of excellence group for analytics and data science.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Head, Data Science and Forecasting in the development and implementation of new analytical methods to enhance forecasting while staying connected to finance, brand analytics and global forecasting teams.
• Identify forecasting needs for all parts of forecasting and execute calculations, scenario planning, sensitivity across data sources and models
• Partner with finance, brand analytics and brand to stay true to data source insights in forecasting.
• Management communication and gain alignment across teams in relation to forecasting results.
• Assist in creation of Budget and performance review presentations across franchise: Work with Brand analytics team and finance in setting up KPI metrics in regards to forecast tracking
• Lead the problem solving on launch brand forecasting with internal stakeholders on identifying the right methodology and models to forecast.
• Support Agile Analytics requiring fast turnaround updates.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Graduate Degree in Quantitative Disciple (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or Business).
• Minimum 5 years of overall pharmaceutical industry experience specifically in forecasting
• Marketing Analytics experience producing response models and test-control statistical analysis; specifically should understand tactically how analytics for marketing channels (e.g. Web, Email, EHR, Digital banners etc.) are set up and conducted including what to measure, and how to scale analytics needs
• Working knowledge of key pharma databases (e.g., IMS: NPA, Xponent, DDD, Plantrak; Symphony, Decision Resources); analytics, patient/prescriber-level Rx databases (e.g., IMS, Symphony) in the pharma industry
• Forecasting for rare disease and/or oncology
• Data Science and predictive analytics
• Working with offshore teams
• Data visualization and dashboard tools (e.g. Qlik Sense)
• Knowledge of NLP and unstructured data analysis