Job Description250. That's the number of data scientists and engineers across 6 sites and 18 departments committed to supporting innovative drug discovery, and delivering effective therapies to patients.
The Analytical Science & Imaging Department is seeking a highly motivated data engineer to join a matrix team utilizing imaging, metabolomics and proteomics technologies to support drug discovery.
Your key responsibilities
• Develop and apply data processing pipelines utilizing existing as well as novel components.
• Fostering reproducible science with an emphasis on making data accessible.
• Support existing and develop new databases.
• Utilize established standards and practices in software engineering to ensure high quality software design, as well as efficient application development cycle.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements• Degree in software development, computer sciences, data science, or bioinformatics with 2+ years of experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and apply generic as well as project-tailored data analysis pipelines using internal or external software to answer scientific questions.
• Expert knowledge of a scripting language (Python or R) in Linux based environment. Good understanding of databases (PostgreSQL) and REST API.
• Excellent software engineering skills and practices version control, documentations, testing.
• Experience in cluster computing frameworks (Spark, AWS, HPC).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, matrix environment to participate and build collaborations across functional teams.
• Fluency in written and oral English.
Additional, highly desirable qualifications include
• Familiar with proteomics, metabolomics or imaging projects in drug discovery.
• Experience in developing dashboards using frameworks such as Shiny.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!