Senior Real World Evidence Data Scientist (80-100%*)
Senior Real World Evidence Data Scientist (80-100%*)
Job Description21st Century evolution and innovation in digital technologies, data and advanced analytics is rapidly changing the healthcare environment. We believe that Real World Evidence will transform healthcare decision-making as part of that revolution.
As Senior Real World Evidence (RWE) Data Scientist, you will work with meaningful data to gain impactful insights on our medicines and patients. The data will be varied in type -- patient-level clinical data, supplemented with deep patient data like genomics, imaging, digital health, etc. Source data will be diverse -- real-world data, including patient registries, electronic medical records, claims and biobanks. The Senior RWE Data Scientist will be responsible for contributing to and executing the RWE strategy within Novartis Oncology. This role will partner with RWE Directors, Scientists and cross-functional stakeholders to translate real world data into evidence and insights. You will work collaboratively to build strong internal partnerships and act as subject matter expert by providing expert consultations on all aspects of RWD studies and analyses, including objectives, study design, data source identification, protocol development, statistical analysis, and/or interpretation. Furthermore, you will be responsible for implementing RWD-based analyses using programming and rapid-analytic tools. You will bring an innovative mindset and fresh perspective to the use of data and analytics in oncology and be a key contributor to improving analytic efficiencies and expanding the use of RWE across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
1.Partner with RWE Directors, Scientists and x-functional stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of evidence needs and to conceptualize and implement RWD-based analyses and studies
2.Support the development of real world data and analytics capabilities and utilization, and lead in applying cutting-edge advanced analytics methodologies and tools to generate novel insights and actions
3.Conduct and oversee execution of RWD-based queries and studies; effectively communicate the findings and study results to internal stakeholders
4.Ensure high quality, rigorous and readily interpretable deliverables are generated from RWE studies/analyses
5.Build RWD-based self-service analytic tools that will enhance analytic efficiencies and will expand the use of RWD/RWE across the entire product life-cycle
6.Support the incorporation of RWE methods and perspectives into global development strategies
7.Continuously improve the data analytics platform, creating industry-leading performance through leveraging new and creative data sources and collaboration models with third party networks
8.Define standards and processes to manage quality, consistency, usability, security, and availability of data throughout the data lifecycle
9.Develop and address opportunities around novel sources or applications of data, and define how the business creates additional value through utilization of real world data and analytics, and drive cultural change towards data and analytics centricity
10.Improve literacy in the value and use of data and advanced analytics across the organization by leading successful implementation of data and analytics initiatives across regions and countries
11.Manage external data and analytic partners and collaborate closely with other analytic teams across Novartis
12.Define functional objectives as well as KPI and quality metrics, identify opportunities, gaps and priorities, and contribute to best practices standards. Stay abreast of emergent applications and positively drive development of RWD and analytic capabilities globally and locally
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare required (e.g., biostatistics, epidemiology, bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, data science)
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• 7+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, academia, healthcare provider/ Payer /HTA, or relevant consultancy companies
• Extensive experience with analytics, including statistical programming languages (SAS, R, Python); experience with rapid analytics platforms such as IHD and producing interactive outputs is a plus;
• Experience with technologies to undertake analyses on large data sources or with computation-ally intensive steps (SQL, Hadoop, Spark)
• Experience producing interactive outputs (Shiny etc)
• Contributor to open source packages, libraries or functions
• Experience implementing reproducible research practices like version control (e.g. using Git) and literate programming
• Deep understanding and experience of Real World Data/ Real World Evidence or related disciplines to generate scientifically rigorous and value evidence from secondary data sources
• Awareness of changing analytics and technology trends within and outside the industry
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.