Associate Director, Data Scientist Adherence PSS Analytics
Associate Director, Data Scientist Adherence PSS Analytics
Job Description"750 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine."
The Adherence Analytics Data Scientist will be responsible for leading data science and machine learning initiatives that drive performance and shape the future of all Novartis Pharma (Innovative Medicines) patient adherence programs and our Patient and Specialty Services (PSS) organization.
This individual will use data science and machine learning to discover insights and identify opportunities to optimize patient adherence programs. He/she will be proficient in the use of machine learning ( supervised and unsupervised), data exploration, data visualization and designing experiments. This individual will partner closely with business stakeholders and must possess strong communication skills in order to present results of complex analyses in a clear and actionable manner. This individual will serve as an adherence analytics/data expert for PSS, providing problem solving leadership to enable analytic-based solutions to business questions and challenges.
This individual will work closely with Adherence Strategy and Operations colleagues and external vendors to develop a deep understanding of brand patient adherence program offerings and underlying transaction-level patient data. He/she will be responsible for monitoring engagement and performance KPIs through reporting, implementing early warning systems and bringing together large, disparate data sets. He/she will be responsible for exploratory data analysis, designing test & learn pilots and building machine learning models with the goals of understanding adherence drivers and making data-driven recommendations that optimize patient experiences and outcomes (best channels/messaging/offers/cadence). He/she will build innovative machine learning models to identify at risk patients and continually adapt and optimize program offerings to improve patient outcomes and experiences.
• Understands business priorities/challenges and changes in the healthcare landscape impacting adherence and translates into data performance metrics • Ideates opportunities to leverage machine learning with PSS stakeholders and assists in creating a data science roadmap
• Conducts exploratory data analysis. Maintains and monitors adherence program reporting. Designs experiments and tests hypotheses. Applies predictive modeling and machine learning techniques to build, maintain and improve on real-time decision-making.
• Works with PSS stakeholders and external vendors to deploy models. Monitors outcome and fine tune the parameters as required.
• Provide input into design of adherence programs across brands by modeling impact of various options and design approaches, for example financial and behavioral segment impacts. Create and maintain knowledge library
• Track effectiveness and impact of all Novartis US Gen Meds adherence programs
• Manage communications in partnership with the Director Adherence / Co-pay Analytics and Adherence Strategy & Operations colleagues to key stakeholders inside the organization as it relates to adherence analytics
• Regularly interact with external and internal vendors to ensure high standard of PSS data and analytics in adherence
• Rapidly problem solves and resolve data and analytics issues for adherence as needed, working closely with the adherence Strategy and Operations program leads, data stewards, IT, PSS Analytics franchise leads, brand teams and external partners.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
BS/BA required. Advanced degree in quantitative subject (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Social/Life Sciences) strongly preferred
Fluent in English (oral and written)
•At least 5 years of experience in data science—working with and deriving insights from disparate, large data sets. Experience in developing, validating and deploying machine learning models
•Expertise and significant experience with data science programming and libraries (R and Python, )
• Exeperience with business intelligence ETL tools (Alteryx, SSIS, SQL) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, QlikSense).
•Expertise with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques. NLP experience a plus
•Expereince with deep learning techniques like sequential models (RNN, LSTM) and CNN (convolution neural networks) a plus
•Background in a marketing analytics or a decision sciences function and experience with advanced quantitative methods
•Excel in problem solving and develop innovative, resourceful solutions to complex, unstructured problems
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Strength in translating complex, technical analyses into clear and actionable recommendations for business stakeholders.
•Strong business knowledge and mindset to provide guidance on how data can be applied to answer business questions. Prior experience supporting adherence, patient support or multi-channel marketing programs a plus.
•Ability to work independently with a proactive approach to meeting the business needs
•Ability to synthesize and integrate multiple data sources and interpret findings. Experience with pharmaceutical sales, marketing, and medical claims data sets (IMS, Symphony, Decision Resources, Flatiron) and specialty pharmacy data (HUB/specialty pharmacy claims) a plus.
•Travel as required