Medical Advisor - Oncology
Medical Advisor - Oncology
Job Description189 of every 100,000 Filipinos are afflicted with cancer. As a Medical Advisor for Novartis Oncology, Philippines, you will get the opportunity to impact the lives of the patients suffering from cancer. You will play a central role in bringing treatments to the Philippines market as well as supporting currently marketed treatments, collaborating with medical authorities in building scientific partnerships, preparing medical education and coordinating clinical trial activities. You will be part of a dynamic team with a common purpose of improving the well-being of people with cancer.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Offer strategic, medical, clinical and scientific guidance to all allied functions in the country, including the local study team, medical information, drug safety, regulatory affairs, market access, marketing and sales.
• Collaborate with CPO, Regional and Global Teams in the planning and execution of clinical trials including initial input in programs strategy and designs of clinical studies, finding potential investigators to studies.
• Plan, initiate and lead the implementation and drive publication of local clinical trials and other medical projects.
• Interact and collaborate with KOLs, influencers and customers. Meet customers’ needs and expectations with regards to therapeutic areas for delivery of clinical data and Novartis messages to key influencers and partners.
• Provide proactive product / disease and therapy area presentations and training to customers, including the field force.
• Maintain ethical standards of CPO operations to contribute proactively to image for Novartis CPO in the Health Care and Medical community.
Minimum requirementsWhat you‘ll bring to the role:
• Possess Degree in Medicine
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• More than 3 years experience in medical affairs and/or research, preferably in Oncology
• Knowledge of assigned therapeutic area with ability to interact with relevant KOLs.
• Good medical and scientific writing skills.
• Familiar with all aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations, knowledge of clinical trial design statistics and Pharmacokinetics.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!