JUMP MBA Leadership Development Program
JUMP MBA Leadership Development Program
Job DescriptionThe newly created JUMP program (Join & Unleash My Potential) was created to offer future Novartis leaders a unique learning experience through a personalized professional develop-ment journey, with one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies impacting 799 million lives around the world. Spanning multiple countries over a 2+ years journey, each rotation will last 12 months giving associates the exposure to different Novartis businesses and functions. With each rotation and in line with background and interests of individuals, responsibilities will be increased and transversal projects will be assigned in order to accelerate knowledge growth of future Novartis leader.
Jump Leadership Development Program Lead will be providing strategical support to the country Leadership team in Region Europe. It will lead the business development projects within a given scope of responsibilities (Market Access, Marketing, Business Franchise, etc).
Jump Program Lead will be responsible for delivering transversal projects. The role will re-quire influencing stakeholders and bringing strategic thinking and creativity to drive innovation and challenge the status quo.
The role will be open across Europe including Spain, UK, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland and possible other European countries or clusters depending on challenges encountered. Jump Program Lead will provide lead and drive key projects, supporting multiple functions as well as ad-hoc requests which aim will be to improve daily business operations.
Jump Program Lead will be exposed to multiple functions and leading cross-functional areas as: Finance, Health economics and Market Access, Digital, Medical, Clinical Trials, Marketing or Operations, depending on what business challenge which will be assigned to the project. The role requires close collaboration with all cluster functions, CPOs' leadership teams, Re-gion Europe teams & selected Global functions, proactive management of cluster governance ( LT VCs, meetings etc) and performance management processes (i.e. business reviews, strategic planning, budget). The role also provides leadership and project management expertise to ensure a successful execution of strategic initiatives.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Drive business operations activities (e.g., leadership meetings preparation), including agenda, time management, pre-reads, minutes, action plans and follow up.
• Provide continuous support to Head of the selected country on an ad-hoc basis (e.g., business reviews, ECC preparation and any Global requests) in strong coordination with the other functions. Produce all briefings and ensuring that the Head of Country/Cluster is prepared at all times.
• Coordinate / co-lead JUMP Project agenda in close coordination with CPOs, Region Eu-rope commercial team, Business Franchises and Finance.
• Leading or cooperating on Country/Region Strategic Projects. Including project shaping (together with key functions involved), problem structuring, data gathering and problem solving, developing and communicating clear and actionable recommendations.
• Coach the newly appointed Jumpers to facilitate their onboarding.
• Taking care of proper internal communication and communication platforms (e.g. week-ly/monthly communication efforts, SharePoint site management, Town Halls, etc.)
Minimum requirements• Master’s degree in Business Administration
• MBA has to be completed by September 2020
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a given field
• Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken) is a pre-requisite, other European languages are an asset
• Genuine interest in the pharmaceutical industry
• Eager to discover different areas in Novartis and further develop within the company
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration & communication skills
• Team player and an agile learner
• Happy to deal with ambiguity
• Full mobility
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.