Global Health Insight Director
Global Health Insight Director
Job Description90,000 are the number of patients we touch every year with our innovative Clinical Trials. In Global Development Operations (GDO) we believe we have a unique opportunity to transform clinical operations and save lives by being continuously more close to our trial participants. As part of the Transformative Business Operations team, be an actor of industry leading changes.
As Global Health Insights Director you will be accountable for leading and driving data science and advanced analytics for priority business challenges across Novartis GDO with an emphasis on explorative applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence. You will infuse Patient and Site level Insights into each step of the Clinical Trial Process with focus on Feasibility, Allocation and Site Selection. Leading multi-dimentional analytics and visualization that combines real-world evidence, commercial, clinical and other competitive datasets into creative and innovative approaches. A key strategic partner to the Feasibility and Line Function teams to ensure data-supported decisions. Design and deliver user centered solutions and act as a technical expert to offer consulting and training to stakeholder groups.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Gain deep understanding of the domain and core processes in order to leverage Data Science to business problem solving
• Generate decision-enabling information by mining complex and heterogeneous data from various sources (clinical trials, electronic health records, claims, patient registries) and technologies (omics, imaging, digital health)
• Proactively work with feasibility and clinical trial teams to conduct advanced data analyses and guide the program and clinical trial decisions
• Implement creative solutions to access, integrate, interpret and visualize data
• Integrate advanced AI / ML, deep learning, predictive modeling and other cognitive computing methods into end-to-end business intelligence solutions. Run exploratory analytics to identify trends, patterns or process drivers
• Drive the creation and execution of the data science sections of project plans for advanced analytics projects, partnering with peer Global Program Directors to contribute to the overall project strategy
• Recommend and lead major process improvement initiatives or other major non-clinical project activities requiring highly advanced analytical expertise
• Doctoral or master’s degree in health related discipline
• Experience providing epidemiology and/or clinical support services to medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturers is a plus
• Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Medical Informatics, or Computer Science
• 10+ years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, or a Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or a related discipline
• 7+ years of Industry experience in Predictive Modelling and Data Science in a complex fast-moving international or large national multidisciplinary data & analytics environment
• Strong background in one or more of: Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
• Experience with relational databases NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Elastic Search, Redis or any graph database and fine tuning and programming experience in Python, R
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Communicates and works with business subject matter experts and organizational leadership
• Result-driven achiever with demonstrated leadership, you inspire others and build strong relationships with team members and key stakeholders
• Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.