Data Engineer - Azure
Data Engineer - Azure
Job DescriptionTwo companies and one incredible alliance!
Novartis and Microsoft have formed an alliance to utilise data & Artificial Intelligence (AI) in order to develop transformative medicines faster and more cost-effectively for patients worldwide.
We are seeking an inspiring leader and team builder to join the Novartis Innovation AI Lab to advance the field of Life Science and healthcare analytics.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture on Azure platform.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions.
• Support scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements, propose solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and alignment with business teams.
• Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services.
• Directly contribute in the design, implementation and rollout of Data Engineering solution on Novartis Big Data platforms, including code management and review, (automated) testing, configuration and performance tuning.
• Ensure that project/enhancements work is delivered to agreed time, cost and quality constraints following the release calendars.
• University degree in Information Systems or comparable education, experience or equivalent.
• 7+ years IT experience, 4+ years Analytics / Big Data experience on MS Azure Cloud, proven skills & experience in solution design and / or architecture
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
#LI-NOV = Novartis