ORE Disease Area Medical Director (m/f/d)
ORE Disease Area Medical Director (m/f/d)
Job DescriptionJob Purpose:
As Disease Area Medical Director for Oncology Region Europe you will be responsible for leading the medical strategy in ORE for one or more compounds within 36 months from launch or on the market, including all aspects of medical and scientific activities in Oncology/Hematology, as well as planning, executing and associated resource allocations within the Disease Area (DA) of responsibility.
• Under the leadership of the Medical Franchise Head and together with the Medical Associates working in the European Disease Clinical Team (EDCT), define and execute the European Disease Clinical Plan (EDCP) for disease areas of responsibility, including leading Regional clinical trial program with Clinical Operations, scientific communication activities, medical engagement plan with Medical Experts/Investigators/Academic Institutions, regulatory stakeholders & patient associations’ partnership.
• Collaborate with ORE RWE Head for real-world data generation as required by HAs and National Health systems in European countries.
• Co-create the Global Medical Strategy as part of Global Medical Teams ( IDMT)
• Function as key interface to Global Medical Affairs (GMA), Global Development Operations (GDO), Clinical Operations and Medical associates in the ORE Counties for all scientific/medical/clinical activities related to registered compounds and those that passed the FIR/Submission Decision Point in Region Europe within the Disease Area of responsibility.
• Contribute to GPTs of reference/ IDAPS strategy co-creation/ DAS and provides input into sDLT and preDSC as needed.
• Collaborate with Early Pipeline Medical Director RE in the hand-over process of new products within the DA, which starts at FIR/SDP and ends at submission to EMA/Health Authorities.
• Function as a crucial interface to ORE Marketing, Market Access, and Patients Relations to contribute with strategic and tactical medical inputs to support preliminary and preparatory functional strategies for future drug profiling (TPP)
• Function as key interface to TMO for TCO/GDD medical feasibility at the Regional level by coordinating and consolidating medical input from RE countries.
• Execution of clinical programs MSLs, external medical partnerships and Compliance.
Minimum requirementsThe ideal candidate will have:
• M.D./Ph.D. in life sciences with basic research and with clinical research background and experience
• Fluent English in written and verbal format
• 3-5 years of Country experience in medical positions, strategic insights, and skills to work cross-functionally in a competitive environment
• Team player with proven skills to operate cross-functionally effectively and within medical teams
• Previous experience in launching products
• Experience working with rare diseases and developing a good understanding of the needs of patient organizations
• Evidence-based leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively co-ordinate scientific/medical professionals, as well as business-oriented colleagues, at all skills and knowledge levels
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
Additional Desirable skills:
• Experience in a managerial role in the pharmaceutical industry
• Scientific/medical research experience in Oncology with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication in the specific area, including basic knowledge of clinical statistics and methodology
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.