Associate Director, MDM Governance
Associate Director, MDM Governance
Job Description750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
In the role of Associate Director, MDM Governance, you will be responsible for working cross functionally with data team, IT and business users to define and implement a data governance related to the Novartis Master Data Assets. You will also lead all aspects of data quality initiatives to ensure quality and integrity of master data assets.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working cross functionally envision, define and establish an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data across OBU master data assets.
• Identify and catalogue domains of Master Data across all operational / functional disciplines.
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the OBU principal information assets.
• Partner with identified Business Data Stewards to build governance processes for enterprise wide data attributes.
• Enable process improvements for delivering quality data outcomes for customer master data through improvements in tools and processes.
• Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
• Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and application ownership.
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics, Business or other technical degree is required.
• Minimum of four years of related experience with master data management systems and processes.
• Established experience with data management principles, value propositions, and strategies for managing data as a strategic asset.
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
• Experience implementing Data Governance Best Practices.
• Experience assisting in crafting and architecting MDM solutions.
• Solid grasp of data structure classifications, workflow and processes.
• Proactive approach to meeting business needs and identifying business opportunities.
• Excellent interpersonal, partnership & collaboration skills.
• Ability to work and achieve objectives independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.