Job DescriptionTwo companies and one incredible alliance. Novartis and Microsoft have formed alliance to leverage data & Artificial Intelligence (AI) to develop transformative medicines faster and more cost-effectively for patients worldwide. We are seeking a thought leader and team builder to join the Novartis Innovation AI Lab to advance the field of Life Science and healthcare analytics. In this newly formed alliance with Microsoft, you will lead the strategic direction for use cases and manage the solution delivery for Novartis.
Reporting to the Solution Team Lead, in the role of the Solution Director, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define product strategy and roadmaps for own scope of responsibility
• Manage data science highly visible projects from conceptualization to delivery
• Take a hands-on role to deliver on multiple projects within scope of responsibility
• Facilitate design and creation of knowledge repositories and mentor associates
• Collaborate with the digital and DSAI teams
• Inspire others on culture change
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• An advanced degree (master’s or doctoral) in a highly quantitative field including but not limited to Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biomedial Engineering, Computational Physics/Chemistry/Biology
• >7y of relevant experience of delivering innovative solutions
• Thought leadership in application of Data Science in Life sciences industry
• A strong track record of communicating and partnering with senior stakeholders to deliver scalable global solutions
• Strong experience leading agile teams and managing solution delivery
• Cross-industry experience highly preferred and previous experience in either pharma, biotech or healthcare desired.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.