Scientist RNA Therapeutics Group
Scientist RNA Therapeutics Group
Job DescriptionmRNA is an exciting new drug class that triggers the patient to produce their own therapeutic proteins. This novel technology is being developed to deliver transformative medicines to patients.
We are seeking a creative and skilled scientist to apply advanced analytics to innovative nucleic acid based therapies such as mRNA.
As part of the RNA Therapeutics group at Novartis, you will help turn this leading edge science into treatments.
• Provide characterization and analytics expertise to support projects from exploratory construct characterization through NHP studies.
• Develop and execute assays to characterize and quantify mRNA and proteins.
• Establish and monitor specifications for various nucleic acid impurities.
• Evaluate and apply new characterization tools and assays using a variety of analytical methods for biological, chemical and physical characterization of mRNA.
• Write experimental protocols, internal reports and present results at meetings.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• BA and 5 years of experience or MS and 3 years of meaningful experience in analytical chemistry, molecular biology or a related field.
• A deep understanding and proven technical expertise in crafting and running RT-qPCR assays and/or other PCR or base pairing methods for RNA/DNA detection and characterization.
• Experience with quantitative analytics and assay development/optimization.
• Significant experience with common techniques for quantifying and characterizing RNA/DNA and proteins such as electrophoresis, spectroscopy, and various forms of ELISA.
• Experience with HPLC based assays and instrumentation is desired but not required.
• Experience quantifying DNA/RNA in cells or plasma/serum or tissues.
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer outstanding benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
• Be part of a team that is advancing mRNA development
• Work with the latest technologies and instrumentation
• Be part of a world class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs
• Join an organization that is committed to your development and advancement
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, fearless and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to seek the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Help us reimagine medicine.