Executive Director-Oncology BD&L
Executive Director-Oncology BD&L
Job Description$13.4 billion in 2018 sales in our oncology company with four distinct treatment platforms: Targeted, Radioligand, Cell & Gene, and Immuno Therapies.
We are transforming our culture, encouraging our associates to be “unbossed” and embrace their curiosity and diverse thinking, to make Novartis “the place to be” in oncology and our Business Development and Licensing (BD&L) team is a critical element of our strategy - apply to join our team and help us reimagine medicine.
You will serve as a lead Oncology BD&L out-licensing, in-licensing and M&A projects associated with Franchises within Novartis Oncology, driving projects from identification, evaluation, due diligence, valuations, through internal approval, external negotiations to deal consummation and as key member of the Oncology BD&L leadership team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead BD&L efforts for OBU on prioritized projects across the Franchises within Novartis Oncology (Breast, Lung, Solid Tumors, Hematology, Rare Disease and Cell and Gene Therapy). Serve as primary BD&L representative/liaison for out-licensing of deprioritized oncology commercial and/or late-stage development assets. Serve as primary BD&L representative on one or more of the Franchises
• Responsible for Search and Evaluation (S&E) and Negotiations/Transactions to deliver on all types of BD&L activities inclusive of in-licensing, M&A, out-licensing (in coordination with Global BD&L Out-licensing team), regional BD&L deals and clinical trial collaborations.
• Lead cross functional deal team & management through the deal work streams (Diligence, Commercial, Finance, Communications, Negotiations, internal approvals, Alliance Management, Anti-trust, HR)
• Execute on complex transactions requiring effective intra- and inter divisional stakeholder management (e.g. NIBR, Pharma)
• Develop and execute process to monitor high interest clinical assets and to build productive relationship with senior management of potential partners
• Serve as BD&L representative and lead BD&L discussions on one or more of the Franchise Leadership Teams (FLT) involved in generating and implementing the Disease Area strategy.
• Monitor promising oncology assets through conference/meeting coverage, networking with biotech, academic institutions, venture capital firms and other market participants.
• Lead preparation of materials for Oncology Deal Committee meetings to review and provide timely input/decisions on opportunities
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• BS in biomedical or life sciences required
• Ph.D. or MS in biomedical sciences or MD strongly preferred
• MBA is a plus English (spoken and written fluency); knowledge of other languages a plus
• Minimum 10 years of industry experience, minimum 5 years of experience in business development or related functions
- Experience in BD&L and experience in leading and negotiating deals
• in life sciences
- Business training/experience
- Understanding of Pharma, biotech sector
- Scientific/medical training/experience preferred
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine