You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
Job Description• Lead and manage a team of 10 - 15 senior professionals and experts to support and provide automation support to PU operations which includes implement, operate, maintain, and improve Automation Systems. Manage external Automation service providers to maintain all Automation System in full compliance to cGMP and HSE.
• Develop and review Automation System/ Application Management and ensure up-to-date procedures and standards. Develop and propose automation architecture for Application development and proactively looks for and propose solutions to technical issues and possible new uses for existing functionality
• Maintain good interface with all stakeholders (i.e. Quality, Compliance, PU, MS&T, QC, HSE) to ensure the quality Automation support are provided to support PU operations.
• Monitor and report reliability, availability and performance of automation system using key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Monitor security, report violation to application owner, HSE, IT Management and adherence to Information Protection Guidelines.
• Develop/define and deliver Site Automation Strategy for System, Production Support and Projects execution in collaboration with Engineering & IT Head.
• Ensure all automation staff are well trained and equipped necessary skill and knowledge to perform automation activities safely and effectively.
Minimum requirements• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automation Technology or Chemical Engineering is required, with a preferred focus in biotech or pharmaceutical work experience.
• Minimum 10 years work experience of Automation system.
• Minimum 10 years work experience in Biotech/Pharma industry with a good understanding of the process.
• Broad cGMP experience is required with knowledge and understanding of processes focusing in Automation Systems, general IT, Project management and compliance domains.
• Experienced in people management; strong organisational and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge in Emerson Delta V / Syncade MES is preferred.