Medical Scientific Liaison (Solid Tumor)
Medical Scientific Liaison (Solid Tumor)
Job DescriptionWorking at Novartis Malaysia
Working at Novartis brings a wealth of opportunity.
Great people. Industry leading products. Innovation. High performance.
You’ll experience a combination of all these at Novartis coupled with an attractive compensation package and great development opportunities. We strive to build a rewarding and fun environment that supports the creativity, collaboration and performance of our associates..
What makes Novartis Malaysia special?
• Attractive office location
• Flexible time management
• Truly multinational and dynamic organization
• Multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
Benefits of Working for Novartis
• Competitive salary
• Annual bonus
• Flexible working hours
• Life and Medical insurance scheme
• Career Advancement & Competency Development
• Rewards & Recognition
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are Field-based Medical Affairs Associates of Novartis, who develop peer-to-peer relationships with Medical Experts/Key Stakeholders and members of the scientific community, utilizing scientific and medical evidence-based non-promotional materials.
They strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of Novartis products through scientific exchange, seeking external insight to shape Novartis understanding of the therapeutic environment. Their activities begin up to two years prior to launch of a new molecule. They respond to unsolicited requests for scientific information and provide clinical trial support. These activities include all NVS divisions/BUs within the Asia Cluster structure.
KOL Management & Medical Support
• Develop peer to peer scientific relationships, assess advocacy (degree of Medical Expert understanding and agreement with medical platform statements) and contributions (activities in which Medical Experts are independently qualified to engage or collaborate with the organization), and respond to unsolicited requests for scientific information using approved, non-promotional materials with Medical Experts/Key Stakeholders, Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and decision makers.
• Contribute to identification and mapping of Medical Experts/key stakeholders in line with local strategies.
• Provide and discuss scientific information and data with HCPs to ensure quality and accuracy of medical and scientific information on new treatment options including Novartis products and selected areas of therapeutic interest.
• Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to relevant external groups to ensure evidence based understanding of Novartis products relative to medical guidelines, and health economic information.
• Provide speaker training to HCPs to support education to the healthcare community about new therapies developed and commercialized by Novartis.
Scientific Research Support
• Provide scientific educational activities to support study accrual for key trials as appropriate.
• Provide feasibility and research site recommendation for Novartis sponsored clinical trials.
• Collaborate with ICRO team and Medical Advisors, to support clinical sites, including providing guidance in accordance with guidelines, Novartis Internal Policies, and regulations as appropriate.
• Increase awareness of Novartis clinical research program to enhance patient identification and trial accrual
• Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the Company on IIT submission process or requests for research grade substance (Material Transfer Agreements) to support independent clinical/preclinical research.
• Engage in scientific discussions related to Novartis research areas/compounds/pipeline with MEs, speakers & investigators.
• Support scientific exchange to advance understanding of new scientific principles, novel research trends, and current scientific debate.
Minimum requirements• MD, PharmD, pharmacist, PhD and other life sciences with solid medical/technical background and proven competencies influencing skills, clinic.
• Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships in order to educate and negotiate KOL/decision makers.
• Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in therapeutic area of interest.
• Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyze them within strategic and regulatory settings.
• Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
• Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
• Effectively contribute to work on multifunctional teams.
• Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.