Laboratory Operations Specialist
Laboratory Operations Specialist
Job Description80 million! That is how many people are affected globally by glaucoma. This can lead to progressive damage of the optic nerve and may lead to blindness.
At Novartis, we are developing new therapies to help control disease progression by lowering eye pressure and providing neuroprotection in the hope of finding a cure for this silent thief of sight.
This unique opportunity that combines both scientific research and lab management. As a Laboratory Operations Specialist will manage the research laboratory space across the Ophthalmology disease area, while participating in the innovative scientific research aimed in finding a cure for glaucoma.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Participate in the scientific research in developing transformative therapeutics for glaucoma neuroprotection
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and perform tissue- or cell-based assays to validate targets and communicate the results through written and/or oral reports
• Manage lab operation activities including the coordination of lab safety tours, maintaining the lab space plan, as well as tracking and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Oversee the operations of the commercial stock rooms and establish relationships with key vendors to improve lab and chemical supply systems.
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve lab operations.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you will bring to the role:
• BS/MS, in a scientific discipline
• Three to five years’ experience working as a scientist in a biology lab. .
• Expertise in histology and microscopy is preferred.
• Experience with molecular biology skills including quantitative RT-PCR, Western Blot, ELISA and/or multiplexing assays
• A strong understanding of the processes and requirements needed in a research organization.
• Encouraged to stay current with the literature and technological advances and bring up novel ideas in assay development and optimization.
• Support functional processes, programs and services for our Cambridge site
• Prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
• The ability to work in cross-functional teams along with strong organizational skills and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• This individual must develop and maintain strong relationships with the scientists in the department to ensure alignment and execution of objectives.
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
• Work with the latest technologies
• Be part of a world class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs
• Join an organization that is committed to your development and advancement
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data.
Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.