Medical Advisor - Immunology, Sandoz, UK
Medical Advisor - Immunology, Sandoz, UK
Job DescriptionA division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in generic and biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
To develop a strategic and operational medical plan that supports the development, launch and lifecycle management of Immunology products through the engagement of Medical Experts & Key Stakeholders, trial support, medical education activities and scientific exchange.
Support the set-up and management of key operational activities and processes related to local phase IV and/or Non-interventional studies (NIS) and conducted under the responsibility of the Sandoz Country Organization. Oversight of Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT) supported by the Sandoz Country Organization
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver Sandoz Therapeutic Area Medical plan for products in portfolio.
• Work in conjunction w/therapy and marketing team to develop & deliver brand plan & associated deliverables for respiratory products in portfolio.
• Work closely with Marketing Team to organise national/regional meetings such as: university staff meetings, regional or national scientific meetings & educational programmes, symposia.
• Support wider team as appropriate.
• Represent UK point of contact for Global Immunology Medical Affairs Team to ensure consistency of medical strategy within portfolio.
• Support ‘Portfolio’ team assessing new products & therapeutic areas.
• Create and deliver KOL, Patient Group & National Stakeholder mapping & engagement plans.
• Support research & educational requests from key centres & help meet these requests when appropriate to do so.
• Represent Sandoz at HCP regional & national congresses & education programmes.
• Liaise and engage with clinicians & authorities (e.g. NICE) to ensure appropriate representation of Sandoz data.
• Respond to individual queries from KAM Team & HCPs for products in portfolio Trial & Research activities
• Work in conjunction with Global Med Affairs to ensure that there is appropriate UK rep & key UK site involvement on global trial programs
• Work in conjunction with Global Medical Affairs Team to lead the generation of UK based Real-World Evidence relating to Sandoz Immunology Products in line with global strategy
• Set up, conduct & follow up the status of local phase IV clinical trials/ NIS/ IITs, adhering to applicable Quality Modules, and other procedural documents (e.g., GOPs, SOPs)
• Ensure vendors are qualified throughout their involvement in the activities
• Partner with Global & Local Pharmacovigilance team(s) to ensure compliant safety reporting in all affected studies
• Initiate & maintain local investigator initiated trials as appropriate
• Ensure visibility of Sandoz scientific information through effective, credible & appropriate communications of clinical data to external groups such as at HCP meetings, ad boards, local formulary areas, government public affairs meetings, liaisons with institutions such as national prescribing centre, UK medicines information pharmacists & patient groups
• Ensure all regulatory and compliance training is completed and act as Compliance Lead for products in portfolio
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• A degree in Medicine or Pharmacy ideally with postgraduate qualifications
• Proven Medical Affairs experience within the UK pharmaceutical industry
• Final Signatory Status
• A driven, motivated self-starter with the potential to grow with the role
• Good knowledge of the NHS and funding/access programs in the UK
• Ability to lead regional & national medical and clinical projects
• Proven ability to run local, regional & national KOL and stakeholder engagement programs and to execute clinical programs to plan
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Flexibility to accept multiple tasks of varying degrees of complexity
• Clear understanding of health authority requirements related to GxP (e.g. GCP, PV, Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practices)
• Relevant respiratory therapy area experience
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis Group of Companies?
750 million. That’s how many lives our Novartis group products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Sandoz, a Novartis Division. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Novartis group are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons