Job DescriptionWhy consider Novartis Group of Companies?
750 million. That’s how many lives our Novartis group products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Your Responsibilities & Main Activities:
Develop and implement the medical strategy for the Therapeutic Area in order to support marketing activities, share insight with internal stakeholders, ensure support & delivery of global, regional and local clinical trials & access activities, to drive our molecules as the best option of treatment for the right patients.
1. Leads, develops and manages a medical affairs team involved in each molecule or TA Provides expertise and knowledge of TA for pipeline development.
2. Provides Therapeutic Area medical leadership, support training to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Support marketing with medical product information (our products & competitors).
4. Together with TMO & Ph IV Teams, ensures effective clinical development of molecules through ownership of the trial development according with to GCP.
5. Accountable for the selection of global and design of local trials.
6. Supports the clinical Project Manager in the development and implementation of clinical trial.
7. Leads the development and maintaining of Medical Experts plan together with MSL and Product Manager.
8. Supports development of promotional materials and signs off final.
9. In terms of pipeline, we have two different ways to interact first one for molecules in development; we identify unmet needs together with marketing we give input to global/regional and local development teams about of availability for cover medical & commercial needs.
10. Handles IIT requests (ensures that IIT answer to local medical needs that support that product strategy, local/global approval, tracking of trial milestones, ensures GCP compliance).
11. Provides the medical insights and approval for any Compassionate Use Program (CUP).
12. Together with marketing, develop annual IPS Together with EPPT developing strategic long-term plan.
13. Together with DS&E ensures adaptation, training & delivery RMP programs.
14. Ensures creation & delivery promotional materials and activities always inside in absolute compliance (NP4).
15. Participate in activities related to pharmacovigilance system as appropriate, report of adverse events, patient-oriented management, implementation of risk management plans and Pharmacovigilance training programs as applicable.
16. Build partnerships with country level medical experts, addressing their needs and questions.
17. Engage Medical Experts and investigators in new clinical trials, identifying partners for future research collaboration.
Minimum requirements• MD preferably Medical expert or specialist in the area or with a solid medical/technical background and proven competencies, influencing skills, clinical research insight, business and market knowle
• Fluent in English & Local Language (oral and written).
• MSL and Clinical Research
• Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with Medical Experts/decision makers.
• Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in at least one therapeutic area.
• Ability to understand and convey emergent scientific information.
• Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms
• Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
• Able to effectively contribute and work on multifunctional teams.
• Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
• Commercial acumen (access, marketing, sales).
The Novartis Group of Companies seek equal opportunities and we are proud of the diversity of our teams. In this company we do not discriminate any person or social group by their nationality, language, sex, gender, age, disability, social status, indigenous identity, gender identity, physical appearance, health conditions, religion, ideologies, sexual preference or orientation, for having tattoos or any other reason that has the purpose of preventing the enjoyment and exercise of human rights.