Medical Information Specialist
Medical Information Specialist
Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular nuclear medicine theragnostics. AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Description• The Medical Information Specialist (MIS) will be a member of the GMA Medical Information team.
• The MIS is responsible for drafting/updating Global Response Letter and Guidance (GRL) for approved and pipeline AAA products under supervision of Head of Medical Information.
• The MIS also searches medical literature and company data on file to create comprehensive GRLs on core-titles of the product, submits preliminary GRLs to the GRL review and approval committee, follows review process and revises accordingly, archives the approved GRLs in the designated areas.
• The MIS searches medical literature periodically and provides preliminary critical evaluation and summary of main published articles on the relevant subjects.
• The MIS is also responsible to draft response to escalated medical information requests come from local medical teams and follow the review process, revise accordingly and submit them for approval according to standard operational procedures. GRL will be scientifically accurate and provide up-to-date information, and be processed timely and archived systematically.
• The MIS assists Head of Medical Information for Global Medical Information tasks according to standard operational procedures.
• The MIS will work in collaboration with GMA functions and Local Country Medical teams to drive the aligned and most up-to-date Medical Information strategy with Medical affairs team and report to Head of Medical Information.
• Minimum of Master degree in Life Sciences or Pharm D required
• Excellent English language skills especially verbal and written (including proofreading) communication skills.
• Ability to write fluent and grammatically correct American English. An intermediate/fluent of one of European language is preferred.
Experience / Professional requirements:
• 2+ years experience as Medical Information Specialist at Pharmaceutical Industry
• Must have a high degree of understanding of the role and medical terminology and writing.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, regulations, and industry standards.
• Strong cognitive abilities, including verbal reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical ability.
• Ability to correctly identify inquirer’s question(s) and formulate and communicate an accurate response utilizing multiple resources for information which may require scientific interpretation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including empathetic customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task with attention to detail within restrictive timeframes.
• Proactive with demonstrative ability to independently identify problems and suggest effective solutions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize in quickly changing environment within resource constraints.
• Ability to learn, take instruction and apply to daily operations/tasks.
• Receptive to constructive feedback.
• Self-motivating. Ability to demonstrate initiative and internal drive. Willingness to seek out additional workload projects.
• Effectively work independently and as part of a team.
• Highly proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office software platforms and Adobe Acrobat, and experience using a document management system. Aptitude to learn other computer systems including inquiry handling database.Experience in medical writing.
• Past medical writing experience preferred.
• Experience in scientific/medical literature identification and evaluation
• Ability to work in global environment