Investigator – Team Lead
Investigator – Team Lead
Job DescriptionAt the Biologics Center at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), we are using Adeno-associated virus (AAV) to develop game-changing gene therapies.
We are looking for an energetic Investigator – Team Lead to join our Cambridge team. In this role, you will join a research lab collaborating with global project teams to advance therapeutic AAV projects focusing on viral vector and cargo engineering.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Designing and preparing novel viral constructs and developing new production methods that address challenges in the field of gene therapy;
• Partnering with project teams in decision making to agree on desired deliverables and timelines;
• Identifying and quickly resolving workflow issues;
• Presenting experimental design, protocols, results, and interpretations in laboratory group and project team meetings;
• Fostering and developing the careers of talented, driven scientists.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirementsWhat you will bring to the role:
• PhD in virology, gene therapy, molecular biology, genetics, or a related field with at least 5 years of laboratory experience;
• In-depth knowledge of literature, methodology, and biotech/pharmaceutical industry developments in the field of adeno-associated virus-related gene therapy;
• Demonstrated experience working with Adeno-associated virus (AAV) a must;
• Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following focus areas a plus:
o Capsid engineering and promotor selection for improved target tissue specificity
o Tunable expression (on/off switches)
o Use of AAV for RNA based cargos
• Experience in molecular cloning, sequence and protein analyses, and qPCR;
• Experience in culturing cells;
• Proficiency in cell-based assays.
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
• Work with the latest technologies;
• Contribute to and innovate in the quickly evolving field of gene therapy;
• Be part of a world-class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs;
• Join an organization that is committed to your development and advancement.
Why consider Novartis?
Transformative medicines need transformative thinking. We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data.
Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.