Senior Consultant, Process Excellence
Senior Consultant, Process Excellence
Job DescriptionA project role within NBS Process Excellence, an internal consulting practice working within NBS and across Novartis on priority transformation and design projects. This role has responsibility for driving internal consulting projects, contributing directly to project management, process design, transition, implementation and continual service improvement. The role brings technical expertise across the disciplines of process excellence, including lean six sigma, project management, business process transformation and continuous service improvement.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Projects may be across the diverse internal customer base, focused initially on NBS transformation and enterprise operational simplification, and later on other broader consulting opportunities across the company.
• Assist with the smooth operation of the NBS Process Excellence team:
o Coach and train other LSS resources across Novartis with the potential to join the team.
o Drive operational controls for all projects and teams.
o Report time and effort to assist with the prioritization and program planning of projects competing for resources.
o Build and manage key stakeholder relationships.
o Methodology development
o Follow established methods on projects.
o Harvest lessons learned and feed them back actively, developing the overall program methods for NBS.
• Consulting projects
o Work on assigned projects.
o Follow the project methodology to ensure that projects are properly scoped, planned and documented and the solutions properly designed and implemented.
o Perform project management, PMO and other associated tasks, such as change management and communications, where needed.
o Ensure appropriate compliance with frameworks as appropriate, including: P3, POP, NFCM, IGM.
o Drive major internal customer transformation programs and projects, from a process excellence perspective.
o Support the tightening and standardization of NBS policies and processes.
o Ensure appropriate business and financial signoff of all project outcomes, including savings.
o Implement continual service improvement approaches for process excellence programs.
• Identify improvement opportunities and charter resulting projects
o Coach stakeholders to identify and define opportunities to drive benefits.
o Understand the consulting opportunity pipeline and help to convert this into approved customer projects.
o Identify opportunities to expand Process Excellence Consulting offerings and develop / improve service offerings to customers
• Role is likely to involve frequent travel throughout the year to Novartis locations to work alongside customers and provide project oversight where required.
• Mentor and supervise junior team members, to include:
o Internal consultants
o External consulting and contractor resources.
Key Performance Indicator(s):
• Timely project execution within budget
• Mentoring of Lean Six Sigma members and Green Belts
• Best practice harvesting and sharing
• Delivery against agreed customer experience targets
• Evidence of innovation
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Graduate or Postgraduate degree. Further education in Change management, Project management, Facilitation /Coaching
• Preferred: LSS Black Belt with implementation record
• Preferred: Management consulting.
• English. Preferred: a second major European language
• 5-10 years’ experience driving process improvement or consulting projects for large global companies
• Experience of regulated environments, particularly the impact in the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Establishment of, or operations experience of, a practice or industry group in consulting company.
• Experience in operational excellence, business analysis, process improvement and / or change management
• Demonstrated analytical, process-oriented and data driven mind-set.
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate stakeholders of varying backgrounds across a dispersed and matrixed organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as solid presentation skills
Why consider Novartis?
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.