System Librarian, Novartis, Dublin
System Librarian, Novartis, Dublin
Job Description125,000 - The number of Novartis associates that our services reach!
Consider the possibilities of reimagining the next generation of library, information and knowledge services.
The Library Application Manager / System Librarian manages external integrated library applications to support the strategic goals of Novartis and leverage technology.
They will deliver value added knowledge through automated systems that synthesize scientific, business, and intellectual information to Novartis customers.
They will also manage applications in a way that it meets the ongoing and further needs of a defined business area.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the owner of the library SaaS application, with overall accountability for global performance and stability
• Configures and test applications and application user interfaces (UI) per approved technical designs. Adapt application UI to NVS standards.
• Support setup and maintenance of interfaces to other systems using the ILS publishing or reporting processes, support integration of Integrated Library System (ILS) API into NKC workflows
• Support ILS Analytic module, provide support for setup of reports and dashboards
• Collaborate with internal NKC staff to determine scope, goals and objectives for application integration and enhancements
• Provide technical expertise for the planning, definition of requirements and delivery of new services
• Interface to internal customer and “bridge” between IT services and external application providers
• Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Application Technology service scope
• Identify technical trends, monitor application road map, responsible for change management
Minimum requirementsWhat you'll bring to the role:
•Bachelor's Degree in Library Science with relevant information technology or scientific background.
• Fluent written & spoken English
• Strong knowledge / experience in application management including Link Resolver technologies, Content Management with Integrated Library Systems, Document delivery and Literature Search Engines / Discovery Indexes from providers like ExLibris (ALMA, UResolver, PRIMO, Primo Central Index)
• Masters of Library Science
• Work experience in a corporate (pharmaceutical, technical or medical) Information Centre with focus on independently leading application lifecycle management and related projects
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
#LI-NOV = Novartis