Therapeutic Area Medical Head, Neuroscience, Novartis, UK
Therapeutic Area Medical Head, Neuroscience, Novartis, UK
Job DescriptionTherapeutic Area Medical Head, Neuroscience, Novartis, UK
**The closing date for this role is Tuesday 12th March**
927 million. The number of lives we touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The purpose of the Therapeutic Area Medical Head, Neuro role is to provide senior leadership, medical team operational control and take overall accountability for all franchise related medical, scientific and development activities including leadership PDT’s.
To also manage Neuro Medical Affairs associates to drive Novartis message delivery to key influencers and stakeholders. Be responsible for medical success of global TA development projects and local trials at the CPO level. Drive Medical Affairs in the local business franchises and ensure alignment between global project strategy & local CPO needs. Build scientific partnerships Phase II forward with healthcare professionals and decision makers to build advocacy. Strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of drug products through education of Medical Experts/ Key Stakeholders, clinical trial support, and by the scientific exchange seeking external insight to shape Novartis commercial and development programs.
• Work seamlessly with BF Head and provide overall leadership and accountability for all franchise medical team activities.
• Provide broad and deep understanding of the therapeutic area cross-functionally. Seen as credible expert by internal and external customers.
• Drive collaboration of medical franchise associates with CPO, Regional and Global Teams in local Clinical Development activities for the franchise.
• Oversee all local medical and scientific contributions to global clinical development programs.
• Works cross-functionally with other Novartis departments to develop aligned strategic plans for the optimal dissemination of clinical evidence by the team in pre and post product launch phases in accordance to local health authority guidelines.
• Lead (or delegate appropriately) the local Product Development Team as part of new product planning process.
• Provide strategic and tactical guidance for clinical teams and allied department in local CPO. Contribute senior level expertise for CPO projects as member of relevant local management boards (e.g. local BF), as per assignment.
• Actively ensure quality of local study protocols, study reports, summaries and publications from Post Phase III activities.
• Collaborate actively with Marketing, Sales and Market Access partners to ensure development and implementation of the strategic product plan.
• Support interactions with ICRO, Market Access and other functions to ensure market preparation pre- and post-launch.
• Drive Medical Affairs together with TA/ BF associates in the local BF to deliver Novartis messages to key influencers and stakeholders, with ownership for exceeding customers’ needs and expectations across the therapeutic area.
• Ensure ABPI Coe of Practice Final Medical Signatory expertise and resource is provided within the franchise.
• Develop and support together with TA/ BF associates external contacts (Medical Experts, influencers, key external customers investigators, academic and regulatory community).
• Coordinate and ensure product /disease and treatment training to internal and external customers, including the field force.
• Present highest ethical standards and contribute proactively to a credible image for Novartis CPO in the local Health Care and Medical community.
• Manage all Franchise medical affairs associates locally with commitment to develop people, process, innovation and external focus.
• Be responsible for resource planning and management (FTEs and medical budget) within franchise.
• May act as CSO deputy.
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
For the fifth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2018)!
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working
Top UK Employer
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Employee Recognition Scheme
Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Minimum requirementsThe ideal candidate will have:
• MD preferred, but advanced Scientific degree, PhD, PharmD or equivalent is acceptable for a talented candidate
• At least 2 years of demonstrated managerial experience in the pharmaceutical industry with focus on medical affairs and research .
• State-of-the-art medical, scientific and clinical knowledge.
• Strong leadership and proven management, planning, and communication skill.
• Management of both scientific and operational aspects of clinical drug development.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of the market preparation and access requirements, encompassing medical strategies and market trends.
• Professional respect and credibility with extensive knowledge of therapeutic area, encompassing business strategy and market trends.
• Familiar with respective health authority, GCP and ICH requirement, including ABPI Signatory expertise
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.