Scientific Project Manager
Scientific Project Manager
Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular nuclear medicine theragnostics. AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Contributes to the Scientific engagement and Life Cycle Management of the portfolio by driving the Scientific projects under the guidance and leadership of GMA TA Head of Medical Strategy. Responsible for managing and driving Scientific Projects, (Advisory Boards meetings, Steering Committee meetings, Capability building initiatives, Scientific education initiatives, RWE data generation/Ph IV data generation projects). Provides medical and scientific leadership. Responsible for coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and agreed scope. Oversees all aspects of project he/she is driving. Proactively engages with the relevant opinion leaders and health institutions to seek for innovative projects to collaborate, drive and run.
• Coordinates and leads the scientific projects under the guidance of GMA TA Head of Medical Strategy. Communicates and orchestrates between internal and external stakeholders Responsible for planning, execution and reporting of the projects to ensure progress and on time delivery
• Coordinate internal resources, key opinion leaders, physicians, institutions, medical agencies, contractors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the opinion leaders and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Meet with opinion leaders to get their insights, clarify specific expectations relevant to each project
• Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with management and portfolio teams.
• Use effective leadership skills to drive and communicate
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
• MD or PhD with knowledge with ≥ 5 years of medical affairs experience at Country, Region and Global level roles in Pharma Industry.
Languages: Experience/Professional Requirement:
Fluent English (oral and written)
• Medical and/or scientific expertise with in Therapeutic area required.
• Advanced medical/scientific writing and communication skills.
• Broad Scientific knowledge in the disease/Therapy area
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with HCPs and Investigators in assigned TA.
• Proven working experience in project management
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a cross functional team setting, including a matrixed environment.