Reporting adverse events, including side effects
Please contact your doctor if you wish to report any adverse event related to a Novartis drug.
In addition, you can also email your local Novartis drug safety department (see the list below) to report any adverse event.
When submitting an adverse event report, please provide the following information in your email to ensure it is handled in a manner consistent with the applicable local laws:
- Name of the drug:
- Description of when the patient started the medication, including dosing strength and frequency (amount and how often, e.g. 40mg twice daily).
- Any action taken with the medication (e.g. reduced dose, stopped) and impact of that action on the adverse event.
- The adverse event associated with the drug:
- Symptom evolution over time.
- Description of any treatment needed for the adverse event.
- Name of healthcare provider who provided treatment and contact information.
- Your name (optional)
- Please note that your personal identifying information (e.g. name, email address) will not be shared with the health authorities. Novartis or its agents may contact you for further information about the adverse event. If you do not wish to be contacted, you should indicate this in your email.
- Information about the person who experienced the adverse event:
- Any other medical conditions currently ongoing.
- Medications currently taken (name, dosing strength, frequency, and when medication was started).
- Gender and age of the person taking medication (optional).
Select your country below to find contact information: